LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Search results on Realtor.com

• Creator
    Topic
    Marcus
    Participant

If I search for properties in A, B, C etc towns, for my county, results turn up. But if I search by county first, a lot of those results for each town in the county don’t show. Am I doing something wrong? I wish I looked at county then priced based on the parcels in each town. My potential deals are good if I just use the comps from the county search, but if I search in the town in which they are located, there’s no room for me to purchase and then undercut the market.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Neil H
    Participant

Hi Marcus. I’m not exactly sure if I understand your question. That said, I think most would agree that pricing is truly local. Sometimes that can even be street by street in a subdivision. If you want to price by county (and not town), you’ll need to find very rural counties with consistency in pricing on sites like Land and Farm and LandWatch. Otherwise, I recommend pricing by the town or subdivision and going more microscopic if you see big fluctuations over short distances.

Marcus
    Participant

I guess I’m just confused why listings in diff cities in one county wouldn’t show up when searching for listings by county and not just city. Appreciate the feedback.

Kevin Farrell

Marcus – We are in the business of using data to help us direct our offers. Part of the challenge when using data is to recognize gaps or oddities in the data and ask “why?” My best guess on why you see listings at the city level but not at the county level in Realtor.com is that is probably because when a Realtor listed the property they listed the location as city and not county. Realtor.com and others get data fed from various MLS systems and those are all a little different too. That is why you should check multiple sources for comps to weed out differences like this.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Marcus
    Participant

I used diff sources but didn’t drill down to the town level. Live and learn!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.