LandInvestors.com Forums +Resources for Success+ Scrubbing Checklist to Share!!!

• Creator
    Topic

Daniel Bear
    Participant

After scrubbing a number of lists we have slowly developed a simple “Scrubbing Checklist”. We wanted to share that with other investors that may just be starting off or those that would like a step-by-step guide to make life easier. 

Here is a little video introduction about the Scrubbing Checklist: CLICK HERE

Here is a link to the Google Docs: CLICK HERE

If you have any additional questions or thoughts feel free to reach out at any time and we will do our best to help where we can. 

Cheers,

Daniel Bear & Miriam Budayr

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kyria Baker
    Participant

That looks very helpful, Daniel. Thank you! I’ll work through it on my next mailer and see if I have any feedback for you.
    (Your links above are backwards. 😉 )

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant
    Pro

@beardaniel thanks for sharing!

Molly Bendell
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaff

Miriam and Daniel, this is such a great checklist! 🙂

Molly Bendell
    IT Operations Manager
    BuWit.com

Daniel Bear
    Participant
    Pro

@kyria
    You are totally right, the links are backwards. I am so embarrassed. Unfortunately, I do not believe that I can go back and edit posts. Anyways, I am glad that you think that this may be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to provide any suggestions, we are always open on learning how to become better 🙂

@aggieland
    You’re welcome 🙂

@genstemarie
    Glad to hear that you feel that this is a great checklist, that means a lot coming from you especially!

Michael Aillon
    Participant
    Pro

Daniel,

Why not use the “Remove Duplicates” feature found on the Data tab of Excell (2013)? Way easier!

Daniel Bear
    Participant
    Pro

@aillon

Forgot to update that one, I do use the “Remove Duplicate” function. You are right, it is Way Easier. I will adjust that in the document.

Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

Daniel & Miriam — thank you for taking the time to make the video and for sharing your checklist!

Aaron English
    Participant
    Pro

HI Daniel, you should look into writing some macros to really speed up this process. A macro basically records your keystrokes and you can do most of these actions with a few shortcut keystrokes. Its fairly easy to setup and saves me tons of time.

Daniel Bear
    Participant
    Pro

Hey Aaron,

That is a great piece of advice. Would you consider making a video to demonstrate what this process looks like?

Daniel

Travis K
    Participant
    Pro

Any other techies out there tried writing a script using visual basic in excel or google apps script (basically javascript) for google sheets using realquest data? I’ve written a few in google sheets that while occasionally somewhat buggy, save massive time scrubbing, but I now wonder after reading Daniel’s comment and seeing that feature tonight if just recording a macro might have been faster. I still like the control of being able to fine tune the scrubbing process, but I may have just created extra work.

Constantly on the lookout for ways to automate other parts of the biz as well with a little programming so open to hearing any bottlenecks you guys think could be automated with software and scripting.

Gerd Conner
    Participant
    Pro

Hey Daniel,

After having some issues with RealQuest (more than likely a browser issue, or just me being dense), I’ve got my raw data and am starting to scrub. I’ve watched a few videos on how to scrub, along with what come whit the LA kit, and I have to say that your post here has been INCREDIBLY helpful! Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to do this and to help us all out that are just starting in our land business.

Daniel Bear
    Participant
    Pro

Conner,

Thank you for your kind words as I am glad to hear that you are finding value in this simple step by step guide. I still use it because if I do not I sometimes find my self backpedaling because I did something out of order. Hopefully this continues to save you time as you grow your business.

-Daniel Bear

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.