LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Rancho Rio Grande Socorro County NM

• Creator
    Topic

Brent Russcher
    Participant

Wondering if anyone has any helpful hints on finding a plat map of this area? The county doesn’t have their information online and hasn’t been overly helpful with providing any helpful information. I was just wondering if anyone has anything they’d like to share? Most of the owners are elderly and purchased the properties in the 60’s. Most have none of the original information anymore.
    Unfortunately this was our first mailer……starting off with a troublemaker.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Justin Sliva
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Parcel Fact have any information?

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Brent – I have successfully bought and sold land in Socorro County. That was my first mailer as well.

You won’t find any information on line with this county – so forget about finding a source for that data. Here is what I do:
    1. When owner contacts you to accept the offer, talk to them and let them know that the data that you need from the county is not available online. Make sure that they know that you will need 1 to 2 weeks to do your research. They all say OK to this.
    2. Ask the owner if they have a copy of the deed and can they send it to you.
    2a. Always ask if the persons on the deed are available to sign. There are a lot of deceased owners with this property and it is best if you know that up front. You want to decline these and go with the easiest ones to close. Don’t take on any title problems in this county and on your first mailer.
    3. Get a copy of the Assessors page on the Socorro County website and save it.
    4. If you need to get a deed from the county here is how you do it. Call the assessor and give them your APN number or account number (RXXXXXXX) and ask for Book & Page of the deed on that property. Next, call the Clerk’s office and ask them for the deed for that Book & Page. You will have to mail them a check for a copy of the deed. They can mail, email, or fax it to you once they have your check. I try to do this in batches of 2 or more to save time.
    5. Mapping is another problem to tackle. You have to call Gail in GIS and ask for her email so you can send a list of properties that you need to locate. Email a list of properties either by APN or R# and ask for GPS AND Plat map for each property. It usually takes her 2 to 3 days to respond but she always gets the information.
    6. Go on Google Earth and plug in the GPS numbers and hit the search button. Learn how to use Google Earth. I can’t go over all of it here but YouTube should have everything you need. You can put your parcel outline on the Google Earth surface by doing an “Overlay”.

It took me at least a month to learn all of this. Since then I have done it over and over. Stick with this. If you can buy and sell in this county, you will be a better person afterwards. These properties will sell but they go slowly. Again, you just need to be patient and price them right. Half of my sales in this county for 5.0 acre lots are on terms. If you don’t want to do terms deals, then sales will be a little slower.

You have invested the mail and your time. Keep going. You can do this and it will turn out fine.

Good Luck!

Brent Russcher
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks Kevin! I have found a resource in Gail at the county since posting this question. We’re plugging along………

Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Hi there!

This county is supported within Parcel Fact so check there.

Since you already have TitlePro, you could search that way. I just pulled a property report for a parcel in Rio Grande Estates in Socorro County to show what is available.

Check it out HERE

Hope that helps!

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Jill – Thanks. I didn’t know that any of the property data was available in Socorro. I tried six different properties in both ParcelFact and in AgentPro after I read your post. There was no data on any of them from either source. So I went back to see what was different about the property that you used. I put the GPS coords in Google Earth and found it. That property is not the usual desert property. It is located in the green zone along the Rio Grande River in Abeytas. NONE of my mailers have produced any response from that area due to a huge difference in land value compared to the desert properties. I am surprised that the county shares data from one area, but not the rest.

The majority of desert property data in Socorro is not available anywhere. Call the county.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Correction: I used TitlePro not AgentPro in previous post.

Beating a dead horse – Jill, I put the APN number that you used in the TitlePro report in both TitlePro and in ParcelFact and got no data. I am using APN Z39-71G-0043. I tried with and without dashes. I checked that I am logged in properly in each tool. I then searched using another property from a different county and both worked as expected in that county.

How did you get data for APN Z39-71G-0043? I can’t figure it out.

Robert Johnson
    Participant
    Pro

Kevin, Did you try the RXXXX number? I tried that end entered soccoro, new mexico instead of socorro county. I had better luck using the R # instead of the long APN.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.