LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Question about finding the SFR Quote as taught in Video 2 of Infill Lots 2.0

• Creator
    Topic

Austin Good
    Participant

On video 2 Steven showed everyone how to find the amount of sfr lots in each zip code and he uses datatree. I don’t see any login info for me under the welcome dashboard to access datatree, do we not have access to this? If we do would you guys mind sharing how I get access. If not how do I go pulling this data from one of the other services we do have access to with our LA membership.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

No, we don’t have access to DataTree (that’s apparently being released with House Academy). That said, you can easily determine the number of SFRs using RealQuest.

Go to RealQuest, log in, and click ‘Custom Search’ at the top. Add the state and county in Step 1. If you enter the zip code at this step it will pull up the county and state where it’s located — BUT it will NOT limit the search results to that zip code alone.

In Step 2, choose Site Zip and put in the individual zip code you want — enter it twice (“From” and “To”). Click ‘Add to Criteria List’.

In Step 2, select ‘Land Use’ and then select ‘SFR’. Click ‘Add to Criteria List’.

Hit ‘Submit Request’. The number of records found is the number of SFRs for that zip code. Hope that helps. If anyone thinks I missed a step — please let me know.

Austin Good
    Participant
    Pro

Here is the issue with both realquest and title pro, they limit the results, with realquest it’s limited to 1000 and with titlepro it’s limited to 5000, so I can’t get accurate counts with any of these softwares. A little disappointing as to why they don’t use the actual software that we as members have access to currently when going through the steps to use the system. I guess it will be a moot point in april when they get us access to Datatree but pretty frustrating that I would have to wait to find such a simple thing. I reached out to support and they just simply said use title pro or realquest and would not give me instructions on how to actually obtain this data.

Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

Problem solved: you can increase your results to 25,000 records in RealQuest. In the upper right-hand corner click the drop-down menu under your user name and select ‘My Preferences’. About halfway down the page you’ll see “Maximum number of records to retrieve per search:”. Change that number to 25,000.

Yes, you have a point about the video. I think Steve says something to the effect that it’s just easier in DataTree to pull up the number of SFRs. But it can be done in RealQuest in a few simple steps. DataTree is better suited for houses, not land (DataTree has even told me this over the phone) — so that’s why it’s not a resource provided in the land program. I hope this helps.

Austin Good
    Participant
    Pro

You are awesome man I got it working like it should now. I can’t wait for datatree access to come out and the new houses program to be released since I am already a sfr flipper and send mail out I feel like I will be able to improve my response rate using the offer method. Thanks again for your help!

Erin Spence
    Keymaster
    ProAdvancedStaff

Hey all – thanks for jumping in and helping!

Neil, you hit the nail on the head. Steven was trying to show other ways and how incredible DataTree is (we all know he likes to tease us with what’s coming) – but you can always get your information from the sources we provide.

Austin,I would definitely check out your Member Guide and the FAQ if you have any other questions about increasing your limit or RealQuest, but Neil pretty well covered it here.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.