You are here:--Question About Counties Withholding Owner Name and Mailing
Question About Counties Withholding Owner Name and Mailing2018-05-05T08:09:31+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Question About Counties Withholding Owner Name and Mailing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have been coming across some counties which are starting to not share the owner name on their assessor or appraisal district website for privacy. If this trend continues will that make getting the data to mail these counties more difficult for the future? Just curious if others are seeing this trend of hiding owner name in other counties and if there is any consequence for us as land investors. Thanks.

Greg Srader
    Participant

Following

Michael Aillon
    Participant

following

Kevin Farrell

I have seen this on a few counties. I just move on to a county where I can get some data. I don’t worry about it too much. There are still a few thousand counties with good data.

Kevin Farrell

I have seen this on a few counties. I just move on to a county where I can get some data. I don’t worry about it too much. There are still a few thousand counties with good data.

Luke Smith

The county websites are one thing then the Real Estate Databases are another. The databases often have the addresses. Its when you can query them by their mailing address and download them to see the mailing address not be there that is frustrating. I spent a bunch of money on that kind of data to learn that lesson. Northern lower MI, MT, ID for examples. I am sure a bunch of others have heard of them in the south too. Take a taste of the data to see. Get a half dozen records or so and don’t just look for mailing addresses but look and see what else is in there you can search out like “Steep” land or “Unbuildable” or who knows what I find all kinds of things in the data.

In CA the name and address data is not aloud to be public on the internet. Something about Cops, Judges, Politicians, Prosecutors etc so you can’t easily look them up and get revenge on them. Real Quest Pro still has them in there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.