LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Possible class action

• Creator
    Topic
    Luis Munoz
    Participant

We recently send out our first mailer which turn out amazing with a great response.
    We received a purchase agreements signed by owner. When we looked back in to the lot it was in the middle of no where, no road access and up hill.
    We decided to offer $100 instead of $2,356 for 5 acres and explained to owner why we had to go low on offer which he declined.
    This morning he send us an email saying:

Turned this over to my business partner. Contingencies met- Specific Performance to follow. Possible class action-now looking for others.

Not sure if I should answer or where we stand legally?
    Please comment
    Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell

I would ignore this.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Dirk Kancilia
    Participant

Desperate attorneys will make a case out of anything hoping to settle. Most politician’s are attorneys keep that in mind for the general character you ll get!
    I would reply that you should tell them you will counter sue for fraud/misrepresentation as they misrepresented property details etc..

At best it’s a small claims case.

Kevin Farrell

Attorneys go after money. You are not a big target and you haven’t done anything immoral, unethical or illegal. There are people who don’t much about law except to say “My attorney is going to call you.” To which I say, sure – use my phone number or email. No attorney ever calls because the angry seller is not going to pay him $250 per hour to make that call.

Do not reply. He will go away on his own.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.