Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant

@mikedugan
    @luketsmith

Hi Mike and Luke,

Just curious about how you guys posted your photographer ads on Craigslist. Did you post under “Gigs – Creative” or under “skilled services wanted”?

Have either of you happily hired a photographer through Craigslist?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Chris
    Participant
    Pro

I would also try the “labor gigs”. I don’t think you need a pro photographer, just someone with a decent camera. You could put they have to have a DSLR camera (which many people have) and it would open it up to more possible applicants.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@Kevin I like the labor gigs idea better I will try that next time.

I tried the creative one and got a person hounding me to take a model shoot on one of the properties. The person makes it very clear they don’t have a gender. Like I care and no I don’t want pictures of half naked or worse people on my land.

Only in California

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@chris
    @luketsmith

Hi Chris and Luke,

Many thanks for the suggestions. That slight change in the ad category got me a few calls. I should have a photographer lined up by the end of the week.

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@mikedugan

Hi Mike,

I am about to hire a photographer to take photos of several parcels in Colorado. Can you recommend the guy you have been using? He contacted me via my Craigslist ad. He sounds okay just want to be sure he is reliable.

And if you don’t mind sharing – how much do you pay him per parcel?

Claire
    Participant
    Pro

@mikedugan
    @diego79
    @luketsmith

Anyone care to share the text of their successful ad that got you a good photographer?

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@claire

“Need pictures of land, will give you the GPS coordinates to go there take pictures in every direction and of the turn off or the road quality or lack there of to get there. Modern cell phone quality is fine, i’ll edit them”
    $50

Gets a bunch of replies. Most look at the location and say no. Too far.

Was getting some saying they are the grand ho ha ha of photography and will edit ect. But charge $$$ They show off portfolios of weddings or kids or something non related at all before I added the cell phone quality part.

Tried putting in GPS coordinates and no reply. I think it is better to email them a link to the property in google maps.

If you find otherwise please share!

The best one so far is a labor kind of guy. Odd job construction shopping on there and figured he has a phone and needs $.

Claire
    Participant
    Pro

How do you pay your picture people? Check? Paypal? Before or after photos taken?

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@claire

My photographer was okay being paid by check.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Paid by paypal. The guy I got just sent them via phone to my email and called me from the site. I sent him paypal on the spot.

All the other ones I tried flaked on me. Glad I waited to pay after I got the pictures.

Josh George
    Participant
    Pro

@claire
    @lukesmith
    @kevinrhatigan
    @chris

I had a guy respond to my craigslist ad for taking photos of my property and he offered to do aerial photos/videos with his drone. This would be awesome to get a bird’s eye view of the property however, he wants to charge $100 for this.

Do you guys think that this would be worth it? Or would it be best just to hold out for someone willing to do regular photos for less money?

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

That sounds like a fun waste of money.

Using the pictures from Google earth and Google images seems to be more images than necessary in my opinion.

Got a lot of good comments on this video:Video

Scroll towards the end to see the pictures I am talking about.

Couldn’t get a photo guy out to this one. Bought the program for $1597 and got this property. It sold for 3383.33. Old auction here.

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@joshgeorge
    @luketsmith

Hi Josh,

I agree with Luke. Keep your expenses to a minimum and do photos. make your own video.

Josh George
    Participant
    Pro

@kevinrhatigan
    @LukeSmith

Thanks for the advice guys!

Nice looking video Luke. That’s awesome!

It did seem a little much for getting pictures/video but I wanted to see what other people’s opinions were first.

I did have another guy respond to my ad so I’ll see if I can work it out with him.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.