LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Offers for combined tracts

• Creator
    Topic
    Gary Rowe
    Participant

Had a call back from our latest mailer regarding an 8 ac. tract owned by the seller. He advised that he had the adjacent 48.5 and 33.5 ac. tracts as well and wanted to know what I would offer on them. We had a little bit of a communication problem, but I believe he is willing to sell all three. The three tracts have separate APNs. In this scenario would you only make an offer on all three on the tracts (90 ac. total) or would your experience suggest that it is best to stick with individual offers for each of the three, even though that will of course be at higher per acre prices than the comps for a 90 ac. parcel in that county?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Gary – This is an ideal situation. I would study the parcels and make one offer for all of. Remember that the comp price per acre for the larger parcels is usually much less than for the 8 acre parcel. You need to make sure that the seller does not assume that you are going to offer the same price per acre for all. You will need to correct him if necessary. Do your due diligence and make sure that each of the parcels is worth buying before making an offer.

Good luck on this and tell us how it works out.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 30 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Gary Rowe
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks for your counsel Kevin. I did make the gentleman an offer for the three tracts based on comps for the larger acreage. Unfortunately, he declined the offer. Send more mail… 8^).

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Gary – that is all you can do. Thanks for letting us know.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 30 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Or buy one and option the others? Say it’s a lot more land than I was looking for but I have all this marketing and I can go shoot for your price if you give me time. Sigh this agreement I will go market it for you and if I can sell it for some more than you are asking I will pay you and sell it to him.

Polite way of saying it’s overpriced but I will help you out of it.

Long as he is not asking for some crazy over market price.

If its a good one it sells really fast if it doesn’t and it just creates questions kill it and move on.

Gary Rowe
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks for the creative suggestion Luke. I’m going to follow up with the gentleman and see if some version of that works.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.