• Creator
    Topic

Luke Smith

So just got an ear full from a notary in Las Vegas I hired. He says I need the California special wording on my deed or else it won’t get recorded.

I copied the sellers deed and changed the Grantor/Grantee. It was old so I guess the rules changed huh?

The notary had some other paperwork he tried to get the seller to sign and he freaked out and called the deal off. The notary said it was better to sign his and mine just in case so the seller thought he or I was getting ripped off by the notary.

You guys have any advice for the next time?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Chris
    Participant
    Pro

He said it was better to sign both your name AND his name? WHAT??

Is the deal dead for good? Why would the notary say that?

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

My paperwork was missing the special wording that is required in California to go along with a notary. I just copied the guys Deed and changed the grantor and grantee. Looking back I should of stuck that second page in there made specifically for California notaries. Even though this guy lived in NV. The notary was trying to help but spooked the guy asking him to sign two deeds for the same property. He was going to sell me 5acres for $500 and give me another 2.5 acres he did not know what to do with. It was on a nice looking intersection too.

New wording:
    “A Notary Public or other officer completing this certificate verifies only the identity of the individual who signed the document to which this certificate is attached, and not the truthfulness, accuracy, or validity of that document.”

Link to more info

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.