You are here:--New to land investing!
New to land investing!2018-04-26T12:18:15+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums *New Member Introductions* New to land investing!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am new to land investing and have done a bit of research up to this point. I am now ready to get started and I think the first step is getting mail out! I am hoping to launch a campaign in the next week or two, wish me luck 🙂

I have a few questions I was hoping some people could weigh in on before I pull my list and send out mail.

1) What criteria do you all use to identify motivated land sellers? I think the go-to is tax delinquent. Are there any other search filters people have had success with?

2) To get tax delinquent lists I know direct from the county is the best and most accurate approach. I’d like to work in a few counties and move around regularly trying different areas. This would be extremely time-consuming so I am wondering if a lot of you just skip the county and go directly to a provider like listsource, Agentpro247, or something alike? If so, which one do you like best?

thanks,
    David

Kevin Farrell

David – Welcome to the forum. Many of us don’t pay much attention to Tax Delinquent status. We mail to everyone and they sell for a variety of reasons. The two biggest categories of sellers that I see are elderly who know they are not going to use the land and their heirs who didn’t want it in the first place. I use RealQuestPro or TitlePro247 for mailing lists. I mostly rely on RQPro.

Good luck.

David
    Participant

Thanks Kevin!

This is very helpful to know! I’ll just go ahead and mail to people with a wider net using some of the criteria you mentioned.

I have another question. I hear a lot of people send out blind offers. Is there a way to automate that process or would you need to analyze each and every lead to come up with the exact price you are interested in offering? If that is the case wouldn’t it be better to just reach out to a lot of people and field the sellers as they come?

Best,
    David

Kevin Farrell

David – You can set your offers several ways. Maybe the easiest way to start is to target one property size, like 5 acres. Look at the comps for similar properties in that county and set your offer price at 20% or 25% of comps. Then send out the mail with the same offer amount to everyone. Pricing can get more complex when looking at a range of property sizes. Also, in some areas it is necessary to price by the specific subdivision if the values vary a lot.

The answers are in this forum. Search and read every discussion that you can find on this forum related to pricing and making offers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.