LandInvestors.com Forums *New Member Introductions* New member from Phoenix, AZ

• Creator
    Topic

Dan VanderVen
    Participant

Hey everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. As an investor, I have mostly dealt with flips, wholesale deals and non-performing notes in the past. Buying land is new to me. I have been working my way through the course and listening to the podcasts. I am putting together my first data set today. I look forward to messing these first ones up! 🙂
    – Dan VanderVen

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Hello Dan – Welcome to the world of Land Investing. You have all the info you need to start. Let me know if I can help.

Kevin
    www.FarrSyght.com Deal/Data Review

Dan VanderVen
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks, Kevin! I ran into a small issue already. I am trying to find out how many people owe back taxes in each of the counties I am researching. I know in the training video Steven uses taxsalelists.com, but it looks much different and is asking that I pay to have all of their training materials. I just want those lists. Is this still the best site to use for that information?

Kyle Bryant
    Participant
    Pro

Dan, that’s no longer a good resource to use. I would just mail everyone, back taxes or not. You will still pick up interested sellers who don’t owe any taxes, which is great. And you’ll also be sending offers to people who do owe taxes. Getting data from RealQuest is a good way to do this (and I think it’s covered in Land Academy 1.0).

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Dan – Kyle is correct. The tax sale list was only used in the training to help identify counties that were good targets for mailing offers. We were never instructed to get the list, just to use the number of distressed properties as a piece of data. Right after I joined LA that website changed and I have never used that information on any of my mailers. As Kyle said, mail to all property owners; in state, out of state, taxes paid, taxes not paid. That is how we maximize our responses. Good luck.

Kevin
    www.FarrSyght.com Deal/Data Review

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.