LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Need to sound credible

• Creator
    Topic

Tanner Hendricks
    Participant

All,

Im still trying to officially buy my first property. I have a potential buyer that wants to know all my information to see if Im legit or not. Although I fully know Im legit, how do I show her I am fully qualified to be doing this work. Im sure the answer will be to have full transparency and the right buyer will come along. Its hard to pass up potential just because someone doesn’t trust your qualification, but in no way do I want to lie about anything.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

Can’t help much but did you send letters saying you’re a business? Just curious.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Tanner – Some sellers are trained to expect a realtor to be involved and will not trust any other way of doing business. You probably won’t be able to convince them otherwise. Always be honest and tell people “This is my business. I buy and sell land.” Other than that, you have your website, business phone, Operating Agreement for your business (unless operating as an individual).

I would be polite and provide some proof of my business, but I would not waste a lot of time trying to persuade this person to purchase the land. I have a rule that I don’t try to convince anyone to buy from me. I answer questions about the property and give them information they need to make a purchase decision.

There will be other buyers if this one does not work out. Most of them will happily fork over the money to buy land at a discount.

Kevin
    www.FarrSyght.com Deal/Data Review

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.