LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** My First Mistake

• Creator
    Topic

Jacqueline Omollo
    Participant

I think I just made my first mistake. I purchased 3 lots in Arkansas for $100 a piece via the state tax deed sale; I thought I did all the due diligence I could on these properties. Well yesterday I unfortunately got two collectors tax bills for different amounts for the same 3 lots. I thought I paid the taxes up once I purchased the properties at the tax sell. I will be making some phone calls tomorrow and I already sent several emails today. I’m confused!!

Your insight on this issue will be appreciated.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Where at the bills from? Is it a bogus collector just trying to get some $? Have you called the county to inquire?

Jacqueline Omollo
    Participant

Jill,

I sent a number of emails and phone calls and found out that one of the bills was a scam. However, I am responsible for the other bill;which is for the currentyear.

Kyria Baker
    Participant

Jacqueline @jlomollo – are you still on here? I’m hoping you can tell me how this turned out. I am looking at doing the same thing, and wondering what the drawbacks might be. I don’t mind paying back taxes if it’s not a huge sum.

Were you able to sell those properties for a profit?

Kyria Baker
    Participant

@jilldewit do you know how this turned out?

Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Hi @kyria,

Don’t recall rest of the details. Just make sure you check the back taxes for yourself and reduce your offer price to cover it. Then it’s up to you if you want to pay now or later or even just pass that on to your buyer. (But always disclose that info!)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.