LandInvestors.com Forums +Resources for Success+ My Experience with RealQuest Pro

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Armaan Premjee
    Participant

I have traditionally always gotten my lists from the county but decided to given RealQuestPro a try because it was advertized in the Land Academy Program. I have mailed 4 counties so far and the results have been nothing but horrible.

-I have spent thousands of dollars without acquiring a single property.
    -One of the owners called me saying she sold the property two years ago and shouldn’t have been on the list. The ownership information has been updated on the CAD as well.
    -Most of the records have duplicate owner names and addresses, so the cost of getting data increases from $0.10 to $0.20+ per record.
    -AgentPro provides data for $0.05 per record. I haven’t tried them yet, but they give the same information for half the price.

I am never going back to using RealQuestPro again. What a waste.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Shawn Swisher
    Participant

I can’t speak to RealQuest’s data quality yet since I just started using it but I have used AgentPro247 and you do not get all the information on a parcel that you get using RQ. Most importantly, you don’t get mortgage data included for the $0.05 per record. Being able to scrub those out before mailing saves you $0.55 per record in postage. Regarding the duplicate names, you’ll find those in AgentPro247 as well. It happens whenever the same person owns multiple parcels.

"Buy land, they're not making it anymore." -Mark Twain
    Kevin Farrell

Armaan – you are blaming RQPro for the data that is provided by the county. Some counties are years behind in updating some of their records. You should expect similar results from TP247 if you were to pull the same data from the same county. They will not be different by much except for the way they filter the data.

Regarding duplicate names – as Shawn said, that occurs where the owner owns multiple parcels. This is more of a problem with less rural counties where there has been a lot of recently subdivided lots created. The persons who did the splits is still the owner of many of the lots. In a county like that I will lose 1/2 my data when I take out the dupes. Just the way it is sometimes. Like Shawn said – better to take them out at 0.10 per record than to leave them in the mail at 0.55 each for wasted postage.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Joe Schmitt
    Participant

There’s nothing special about Realquest data. I have used Agentpro 247 and gone direct to the county. In most cases, the county data is FAR better than realquest. I grant you that if you have a macro or an established process for a VA to scrub and sort your realquest data, you do lose some scalability. For where I am at in my business, it’s a good trade off. $.10 per record is not a good deal.

joe@hyhproperties.com

Kevin Farrell

Joe – Thanks for sharing the bit about data from the county being better. The few times I tried to get data from the county directly it was made difficult by the county process and the formats are all different. I admit that I pay for the convenience of having the same format each time I pull a data set.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

J Covert
    Participant

Hi Joe,
    How do you think RealQuest data compares to AgentPro for mailers?
    Thank you!

Luke Smith

You get a lot more detail with real quest data. I like agentpro247/titlepro247 for pulling deeds and all kinds of recorded stuff. You can pull mortgages on there too just cost some extra $ but good to know what banks and rates are going on if you are shopping or just like to snoop on your neighbors too.

I wish there was one end all be all data source but its just part of the business always shopping for the best data/records to mail offers to. The more I study the longer my mailing wish list gets.

Alex Caruso
    Participant

Hi Luke. I am considering a switch from DT to RQ. I was asking in another thread about some of the shortcomings of the county to input data. How do you see sites like agentpro/titlepro overcoming these issues?

Armaan Premjee
    Participant

I love DataTree. Planning on sticking with them.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.