LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Marketing a Property Prior to Recording

• Creator
    Topic
    Neil H
    Participant

I’m closing on a property today through title with a hold open (First American Title). I’ve asked if they can record it with the county quickly — but there’s no promise it will be (may take 2 weeks or so since it goes through a different department). Is there any reason I can’t put it up on the market today? The sale will close through First American Title (with the hold open).

I don’t believe there should be any issue marketing the property prior to it be recorded, especially if everything went through title and the deed has been signed — right?

Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell

If the deed is signed, you are the legal owner. I would market the property right away.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Joe Schmitt
    Participant

I market everything as soon as I have it under contract. That gives you equitable interest and the legal right to market it.

joe@hyhproperties.com

Neil H
    Participant

Thanks, Kevin. Turns out First American Title was able to record the same day (which goes back to ‘you get what you ask for’). That said, I hope it takes time for the county to update their sale records so that my purchase price doesn’t pop up online prior to me selling it.

Joe: I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable marketing the property outright prior to having a signed deed — but I have teased FB groups with a ‘Coming Soon’ post with a photo, acreage, and town/state (but just no identifying information such as APN).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.