LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Mariposa County, CA

• Creator
    Topic
    Landrov
    Participant

i am thinking of mailing this county for properties 2-15 AC under 50k

according to realtor.com in this price range there are 15 properties for sale and 18 already sold (good ratio). however there is no information in the realtor.com data for this county. the county does not even show up.

3 questions
    why do i see properties listed on realtor/com but no historical data
    not being able to do the Red Green Yellow test as in Steve’s Equity Planner, would you still mail to this county
    any body had experience in this county

thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Shawn Mills
    Participant
    Pro

Good Question Landrov, I was actually going to post a similar question after evaluating some counties in Colorado that weren’t on the data download. Personally I decided to stick to counties that I could apply Steve’s process to, but very interested to hear what more seasoned members say.

Member Since 10/30/2019.

Jannette & Robert Jackson
    Participant
    Pro

Landrov,

I recently mailed Mariposa County. Realtor and Redfin don’t collect historical data on every county, so that’s not always available. It is a gamble. Also, this county doesn’t have their records online, so you have to physically go to the recorder’s office to look up recorded deeds, etc. should you need it. I called the county and the lady told me she couldn’t look up the APN, because their records are not online. I mailed it anyway, because I have a relative who if push come to shove, can go to the county and fetch me the records I may need. Mailing a county where historical data is not available can be risky, especially if you’re not close to the area to do your own research. However, if you can access important docs online or have someone to help you with due diligence, it could pay off. In today’s land call someone else was inquiring about Mariposa County, unfortunately I stepped away before Steven and Jill discussed it. However, I’ve asked about the same topic on other counties before and the answer is what I’ve shared. Hope that helps!

Landrov
    Participant
    Pro

thanks all very helpful.
    yes it was me on the call asking this question and the answer was pretty much the same as yours.
    moving on to the next county 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.