LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Maps and photos

• Creator
    Topic

Jill DeWit
    Participant

Question for @Stevenbutala

“I can’t find the sq mile density maps on the census website. Do you know where these are?”

From a student. Thanks for answering for all! (Jill)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Charlie Barks
    Participant

@jilldewit and @StevenButala

I was looking for the Census maps also but didn’t have any success….appreciate sharing where we can find these Density Maps online or if we can get them in the Course Resources. Thanks

Charlie

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Not a map but if you google “wiki list of counties in california” or some other state you should get a list of all the counties in that state. The list also has the County area and population. You can copy it into a spreadsheet and do the math of people per square mile.

Sort the list to see very vacant counties on up to counties like San Francisco that are very populous.

The list is in the same format for each state so you can add states and sort the counties by population by square mile if you like.

Just did this for a bunch of states I am interested in. Now I am ranking the counties on multiple attributes to try and figure some easy ones to work.

Claire
    Participant
    Pro

I found the best way to get the census data by square mile maps is to google “(your state) population by square mile” and then look at the results for images. One of the first few images will be that type of census map that Steven uses.

Claire
    Participant
    Pro

I found the best way to get the census data by square mile maps is to do a google image search on: (your state) population by square mile. One of the first few images will be that type of census map that Steven uses.

Charlie Barks
    Participant

Claire, Hey good search idea. And when I did it I also found the source of one of the images was Wikipedia and guess what….if you just do a search for each state and scroll down to the census data there is the Population Map!

Here is an example: California on Wikipedia and then scroll down to the section on Demographics.

Thanks Claire!

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@claire

Thanks Claire! Very helpful tip!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.