• Creator
    Topic

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant

@stevenbutala
    @jilldewitt

Hi Steve,

Do you guys mail standard or first class?

Also, does it matter if the address is printed direct on the envelope? Or do you use double window envelopes?

It looked like it was less expensive to go standard mail with double window envelopes.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Many options – Steven’s samples in the program are the best. Wouldn’t you rather spend a few extra cents and get your mailer opened?

Just a thought…

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@stevenbutala
    @jilldewitt
    Hi Steve,

Good call last night! Many thanks to you and Jill.

My first mailer will go out next week. Click2Mail charges an extra .535 per letter if you get the address printed directly on the envelope. $1.19 per letter for 2,500

The only other alternative was a double window envelope. Which is .655 total for 2,500
    (They do not offer a single window envelope)

My thought was – why not just put our company name in the upper center of the letter so that it does not show through the window. Keep just the company address in the upper left so that it shows through the window.

Do you think this would affect our response rate?

Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

I hate to sound like a broken record but we have sincerely tested a ton of different types of mailers and now only focus on the one type that gets the best results. By saving a few cents could you be risking some of your letters getting overlooked?

So, yes. It could affect your response rate.

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@jilldewitt
    @stevenbutala

Thanks Jill!

I was thinking a window envelope would be okay since that is what Steve selected in the DVD when he was on the Click2Mail site.

But I appreciate your comment because it is all about response rate.

I just have to wrap my brain around spending $3,570 for 3,000 mailers instead of $2,025.

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@jilldewitt
    @stevenbutala

Hi Steve and Jill,

Can you guys share the name of the local printer that you have used for your mailers?

Click2 Mail is great if you go with a double window envelope but if you want the address printed direct on the envelope it makes the mailer go over 1 ounce and the postage goes up dramatically. Click2Mail says it’s because the flat envelope weighs more and they can’t do anything about it.

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@stevenbutala
    @jilldewitt

Hi Steve and Jill,

Click2Mail does not offer a regular #10 envelope with the address printed directly on it. They do offer a large flat envelope (approx. 9X12) and they put the two 8.5 X 11 sheets into it. But this puts the postage over an ounce and you wind up paying an additional .27 for every piece you send out.

Can you share this with the other students on the forum? It may save them a lot of time.

Local printers will offer a regular #10 sized envelope with the address printed directly on it and that will keep the piece under 1 ounce and should keep the postage at about .30 per piece for Standard Mail.

I am still searching to find a local printed who can get this out the door at a competitive price. If you guys have someone in the Phoenix area you recommend that would be great.

Claire
    Participant
    Pro

@kevinrhatigan

Hi Kevin,
    I did a lot of research for other online print/mail companies. I’ve found that itidirect (letterprinting.net) has really good rates and a much better website than click2mail. Let me know what you think of it.

Claire (lake17)

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@claire
    @stevenbutala
    @jilldewitt

Hi Claire,

I was so proud of myself because I found a printer called PostCardBuilder.com who quoted me .75 per letter for 1,000 (postage included).

And then you find letter printing.net who beats even that price! Kudos to you! It looks like letter printing.net will do the two page mailer including postage for .584 for 1,000 pieces. Pretty sweet.

I’m going to call them and confirm everything. Thanks so much for sharing!

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@claire
    @stevenbutala
    @jilldewitt

Hi Steve,

Have you ever used a handwritten font for the addresses? Letterprinting.net offers it for an extra .02 per letter.

Just wondering if you think it would increase response rate.

Claire
    Participant
    Pro

@kevinrhatigan
    Glad I could help, Kevin. I did use letterprinting.net handwritten addressing for my first mailing, but they didn’t charge extra at that time. Sent 348, received over 20 responses (haven’t tallied). I have no basis for comparison, and these were tax delinquent properties. And I didn’t buy any because the taxes owed were pretty high compared to what the land would sell for. Let me know what you choose.
    Claire

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@claire

Thanks! I’ll let you know how it goes.

Should have my data ready at the end of the week and then it’s full speed ahead

Claire
    Participant
    Pro

@kevinrhatigan
    @stevenbutala

Regarding letterprinting.net: I am just about to place an order and here are two things I wanted to note. Sometimes the price calculator gives you a price that’s a few dollars different than what shows up when you save the quote. For example, my price calculator said it would be $422.63 for 735 mailers, and then when I saved the quote it went up to $426.31. I actually called them and the guy said “There are a lot of complex calculations in the back and even I don’t know what really happens, but you should make your decision to buy based on the saved quote, not the price calculator.”

Also, in California there’s sales tax added; not sure about other states. That added about 20 bucks to my order price, but I’m still at $446/735 = $0.61 per letter after everything.

🙂 In my opinion the price discrepancy is pretty silly but since it’s only a few bucks, I guess it doesn’t matter. It’s not like they’re solving differential equations; they should really know what’s going on. I just had to laugh.

Claire
    Participant
    Pro

Okay, this is really silly, but as I was writing the previous update, letterprinting.net logged me out automatically and when I logged back in the cost went back down to $422.63. Just FYI…pay attention to that final number when you put your credit card in, since it seems a little slippery.

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@Claire
    that is a little strange…love your calculus reference. I think you’re right though, they seem to do a lot of this type of mailer and should be reliable. Some of the other printers I called took days to get back to me with a price, not a good sign.

Did you add your name to the mailing list to double check their quality?

I’ll be using them next week. Just waiting for Core Logic to get my account finalized so I can pull the data.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.