• Creator
    Topic

Jarrod
    Participant

I looked up a few counties that had a lot of foreclosures and 1 person per sq mile based on census tracts. When I did just a 5 acre search in RealQuest the results were only in the two hundreds per county. When I expanded my search criteria from 5 acres to 2-5 acres the results were in the one thousands for addresses. The only way I could get a good amount of mailers is to increase the range of properties from just 5 acres to 2-5 acres. Should I send out the mailer with the expanded search criteria or should I find a new county?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Merritt Whitman
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Jarrod,

I faced this same issue prior to just sending out my first mailer with one of my targeted counties. I ended up having to expand my criteria from 5-10 acres initially to 5-25 acres to get enough for a reasonable mailer. Ultimately, I think you have to decide whether you’ll be comfortable taking down deals at the higher acreage range if you start getting a bunch of accepted offers in the upper part of your range. I would recommend calling Jack to have him guide you through your first one. I just did it and I’m really glad I did–he was super helpful in forming a strategy and the deals are starting to come.

Another way you could look at it would be to target multiple counties simultaneously (say 500 or more in 3 counties) to hit the 1500 mailers Jack talks about as a reasonable sized 1st mailer.

Take care,

Merritt

Jarrod
    Participant
    Pro

Merritt,

Thanks for the insight. That helps a lot.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.