LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Mail Merge Technical Issue

• Creator
    Topic
    Levi Gagnon
    Participant

Hey Everyone! I’m putting together my first mailer and I’m running into a technical issue with the mail merge when importing the Excel data into the Word letter template. As instructed, I downloaded and used the correct templates from O2O, but upon selecting recipients from the existing Excel list and previewing the results after it loads, only about half of the fields actually populate. It looks like everything populates except for the fields within the body of the offer letter itself on the first page. Hopefully this explains my issue well enough! Has anyone experienced this before or know how to fix it?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Jannette & Robert Jackson
    Participant
    Pro

Levi,

Make sure that the field names that are being imported from the Excel sheet are named EXACTLY the same in both forms. For example, the zip code on the Word document may show as ZIP_Code, but if the _ is missing on that same field (ZIP CODE)on the excel sheet, the DATA won’t move. Check every single field. There must be a variance in the name. Hope that helps! Jannette

Levi Gagnon
    Participant
    Pro

Jannette,

I believe I have fixed it! I really appreciate the help. I checked the field names multiple times, and that wasn’t the issue. For some reason, it was recognizing, for example, “Your_Company” in the header, footer, etc but not the body of the letter. So I went into the body of the letter and deleted each affected field and simply selected it again from the ‘Insert Merge Field’ drop-down. Upon previewing the results, it was fixed. Thanks again!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.