• Creator
    Topic
    Chris
    Participant

@Luke Smith

I see you mentioned you purchased a lot. Can you give us the details? Congrats in advance!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Luke Smith

I got a 10 acre lot in NV for signing up to LandAcademy.

Made a little video to market it. Please feel free to make fun of it:
    <iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/B7DtIEo3NP0?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0&#8243; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

Luke Smith

Maybe this link works instead:

Luke Smith

Or this one?

Luke Smith
    Luke Smith

Am working on a little website too:
    Link Here

It is not fully ready yet but you can get the idea.

Sent out a bunch of mailers last week. Tried LetterPrinting.net like @Claie recommended and others seem to be trying. They confirmed the order on Monday. I signed off on it Monday afternoon and they confirmed that it was in the mail on Friday. Thinking my phone should be about to blow up but we will see.

Been thinking about buying some of the LandWatch properties to seed my site with and get the selling learning curve going while I wait for callers on the mailings.

Also thinking I should do mailers to some other markets I have been researching.

Also thinking and wondering why land sellers market to investors but don’t ever seem to say pay cash for this property and turn around and sell it on terms for a bunch more? That seems obvious right?

Thanks guys,

Chris
    Participant

Hey @Luke,

Wow, what’s up with the mystery building? Maybe it’s a livable house? Exciting! Are you having pictures taken? Please update us if and when you find out.

I like the video – it’s very informative, I feel like you gave a good overview of the area.

Did you list it on ebay?

Also, how many mailers did you send out this time in your latest batch through letterprinting.net?

Luke Smith

@chris
    Tried to get a photo person off of craigslist. No replies. Thinking I will try golookandsee.com

It is not listed on eBay yet. Scheduled it to list Friday at 9pm pst for a 30day auction.

Link here

Thinking I can get actual photos in there along the way. Would drive over there myself If I was not taking care of my two kids full time.

Also thinking I can list it in craigslist and postlets saying it is up for auction on ebay for 1$ here is the link or go search this title kind of posting. Really just a learning curve listing.

Thought a mystery building might be fun to keep a mystery. It is probably an old meth lab. In some satellite photos there is a car parked outside though so maybe someone is living there or was at one time. Maybe the inhabitant is laying there on the floor dried up waiting for someone to come find him. Wonder if he still smells?

The last batch of mailers I was aiming for about 1K. After scrubbing a bunch of duplicates and even different names being mailed to the exact same address I boiled it down to 758 that went out Friday the 16th. Got the order in the prior weekend. Letterprinting.net called me on Monday to confirm and I signed off and then it took them until late Friday afternoon to get it in the mail.

Still waiting for calls. Thinking of doing a bigger mailing on the back of @Mike’s 2000 mailer success that should hit about the time this one dies out.

Luke Smith

oops the website is wegolook.com

Just requested a quote.

Luke Smith

The wegolook.com guys got back to me pretty quick and asked a couple more detailed location questions to get me a quote. Sure is faster than Craigslist in this desolate area. If I was working the neighbourhood I would push harder on Craigslist for a local.

Luke Smith

Just got my first call on my last mailer. Sounds like a taker but looks like a cliff online with no access.

Luke Smith

Got a second caller saying the five acre lot I offered him $500 on is under contract to sell to another guy but if he falls through he says he will call me to accept my offer. He said he also has a 6.5 acre lot he wants to sell near there. That one has no access that I can see but there are houses in the area and a road one empty lot away. Not sure if I should offer on that one. Thinking of shelving it for a week or two. What do you guys think?

Chris
    Participant

@Luke Smith – did you ever get a price quote from the wegolook guys?

The call you got – is that from your bath of 700+ mailers?

Regarding the one with no access, is it possible to blade a road to it? Do you show a “right of way” on the county parcel map?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Chris – This might help you. I asked WeGoLook for a quote and here’s what I got back:

Hello Barry,
    The price is not set, if there is only GPS coordinates provided there is a research fee from $50-$75 and then depending on where the vacant land is the Looker might need to be compensated for time/travel. Along with the the number of pictures/ videos/ any custom tasks that you would like. The price can vary.

Luke Smith

@chris
    @barry
    The wegolook.com guy has not gotten back to me with a solid quote.

Thinking I should up my bid on craigslist.com Maybe 50$ or 75$ will get a good response.

The WeGoLook guy did get back to me when I gave him GPS coordinates. Said he sees it in google maps but needs an address to search their system for the right agent to go there.

Gave him all kinds of detailed directions and the closest address from there I could find.

Sounds like a pimp service who has to get a quote from their girls to add on to before they quote me. They are probably advertising on Craigslist for an “agent” in the area.

Thought they would quote me faster than this.

@Chris

Yes on the bath of 758 offers that went into the mail a week ago. The phone started ringing.

For the no access one I am just pricing accordingly, I hope.

Luke Smith

Trying to beat @claire offers on that no access one. The seller is just in the next town over so I said I would do the paperwork, pay all the fees and meet him at a local notary to deliver $100 bills.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.