You are here:--Lessons Learned – First Mailer
Lessons Learned – First Mailer2018-05-11T08:36:14+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Lessons Learned – First Mailer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So, I sent out my first mailer at the end of April and this is what I learned: USPS standard mail can take upwards of 3 weeks to be delivered.

Standard mail is another name for bulk mail, and USPS indicates that standard mail will “typically be delivered in under 5 business days locally, but nationwide it could take 2 to 3 weeks” because it “is delivered on a time-available basis”. Offers2Owners has a similar statement on delivery times on their FAQ page.

Beginner Tip: When determining your purchase agreement deadline, take into account that your mailer may take 2 to 3 weeks to be delivered. Therefore, consider pushing the deadline out 45 to 60 days, as opposed to 30.

The good news: Since Offers2Owners is based in Arizona, any Arizona offers will likely arrive in under a week. (But I’m still waiting for my Colorado offers to show up 2 weeks later. Ha.)

The other good news: Offers2Owners is a great deal compared to other printing/mailing operations — just be sure to take the bulk mail delivery time into consideration.

If you have any thoughts on this, please share below.

Matt Rogers
    Participant

Interesting. Not shockingly, USPS is very inconsistent. I was receiving seller calls around a week of my last O2O mailer being sent out to Tennessee.

Kevin Farrell

Neil – Because of the variability in mail handling time I always add one line to my data set – My own name and address. That way when I get the offer letter for XYZ county, I know that the mail is being delivered that week. Plus I get the double check the letter and make sure it looks correct with no mistakes or problems.

Joe Martin
    Participant

I always send a mailer to my house just to track timing and a three week delivery time is dead on for the eastern US.

Neil H
    Participant

Kevin & Joe: I sent an offer to myself as part of the mailer — that’s how I know it hasn’t reached Colorado yet (other than no response — including hate calls. Ha.).

But that’s a good tip for anyone just starting out.

Neil H
    Participant

Just received my first text upset about my offer!

Matt Rogers
    Participant

Great! That means you probably didn’t offer too much. Get used to it, but don’t let it get under your skin. After your first round of haters, you’ll start to laugh at the things people say. I had a guy mail me back my offer red-inked up with all kinds of insults. Best part was he mailed it back to “Mr. Stupid.” at my biz address…haha. My wife and I still laugh about it.

Good luck on getting up and running. Follow the steps & you’ll start doing lots of deals!

Kevin Farrell

One of my favorite pieces of incoming mail was addressed to: The Idiots At Farrell Properties. This was hand written in large letters above the neatly hand written address. How much time do these people have on their hands?

Kevin Farrell

One more thing: When people call me to chew me out for the low offer I usually tell them “I understand that this offer doesn’t work for you. That’s OK, I have already purchased several properties at that price. Sorry to bother you.”

Steven Kish
    Participant

just mailed a new county and was talking to the treasurer about a lot I had received a response on, and she said I got one of your offers also, and the county has received some complaints. Talked to her for a few minutes about it and about myself, and after she was feeling better about, but first time on put on the spot with a county official like that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.