• Creator
    Topic

Luke Smith

So I have been looking more into LandWatch.com. They sent me this:
    5 ways to improve your postings

Wonder why they put price on the bottom of the list?
    Photos, yes
    Video, yes
    Description, yes
    Strong Lead Photo, ? I need help here
    Price, Time to go for the kill and buy more deals! slash

Looking at my performance after the weekend’s listing of four properties.
    My landwatch stats

It looks like I am killing it on leads. If I can get more people to look at my listings they tend to try to contact me.

I am doing bad at standing out in the searches. Wonder if that is my titles? Lead pictures, prices or all.

It looks like the first couple words in the listing turn into the title. Now I should adjust accordingly.

Any other suggestions or observations?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Also see that the listing of auctions don’t get clicked on anywhere near as much.

Maybe I shouldn’t say they are up for auction.

Jason Polley
    Participant
    Pro

Hey Luke,

@luketsmith

I seem to be getting decent traffic on Landwatch.com by making sure my property shows up first on the result list when a user searches my area, parcel size range, then sort from lowest to highest.

I make sure I have very detailed description of the property, what they can do with it, access, utilities, etc… Seems to help having a couple sold comparables they can look at too. Show them they are getting value and you’ll get contacted.

And, yea, turn off the auction selection.

Jason

Chris C
    Participant

Great stuff!
    Are you using any other land sites or eBay/Craigslist?

What has been your experience selling so far?

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@jason
    I have a ways to go to max it out. The learning curve has started.

@chris C
    Did some craigslist ads. Nothing, should try more of them with different presentations and headlines. Ebay is still alive. People are bidding on my land.

Chris C
    Participant

Yea I have had weird experiences on Craigslist and eBay so far. Working on selling the free property that came with the package. My Craigslist ads got flagged and removed. And my first eBay auction was won by an eBay user that was bogus.

Where have you had most success selling so far? I’m curious to try Landwatch or LandAndFarm as I grow inventory.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

The lady I thought I sold one property to on LandWatch is still interested and we keep talking but either I don’t know how to close or she is not ready to pull the trigger yet. It is like that first kiss. I am sure once it goes there will be a lot more.

Jason Polley
    Participant
    Pro

I’m having the same experience. This time last week I thought I had two of my parcels sold.

One lady was so anxious to get the property I rushed the paperwork to her. I called her to let her know that it was on the way (she doesn’t have email) and she said that she wasn’t so sure any more.

A gentleman for the other parcel said he wanted to sign mid November and have his payments start 12/1. He’s now telling me that he wants to wait until January.

All we can do is keep chugging along….

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Got a new buyer today on one of the 29 Palms, CA properties. It is a couple in town to get out of the snow. He said I have the cheapest land in the area on LandWatch.com. They drove out to my GPS coordinates to look at it and called me from the property. Gave them some more directions. Sent GPS coordinates to the 4 corners.

Note to self, put 4 corners in the listings if it is a square.

They sound like they want it, cash. Now lets see if I can close it.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Fun one from my first potential buyer:
    “Tomorrow morning my husband and I are going out to the eBay property that you have listed. We will get back to you by noon tomorrow, to let you know which property we want OK?
    Thank you for all of your help and have a good night and we will talk to you tomorrow for sure thank you thank you thank you!!”

They liked the first one so I said while you are in the area you can have your pick for the same price or duke it out on ebay for the other one.

Sounds like these ones will actually follow through.

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@Luke Smith! Would be nice to get some cash in the door!

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Got another buyer! Good thing this guy wants a different property than the others.

Was emailing the guys who have property for sale in the area like @Steve said to and someone replied less than a half hour later saying they want the property.

Asking for info to put into the purchase agreement and send it over. This is where the questions arise. Why am I doing this?

Do you guys fill out the form for them or leave it blank for them to fill out?

Do you guys use digital signatures? I like and have used Docusign for lots of partnership agreements and other contracts in the past. I even bought some houses with it in Detroit, a couple horses too, a boat, sold my last major business that way, all kinds of things really. Better yet I like cudasign.com even more as they charge $36 for three years of unlimited electronic signatures. They store all the ppwk for you too. They charge about 1/15 of Docusign and I would argue they are easier to use to send lots of signature requests once you get past the learning curve. If you are doing a one off Docusign is easier to learn.

I can make the purchase agreement ask them the questions then click to have them sign. Would be easy to automate and fire off to all prospective buyers while they are on the phone.

Is this industry to old school for that? I have walked well over 500 people through the process in the last couple of years worth of non land deals. Guess I might as well do it here too, huh?

Anybody see any major flaws I am missing?

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

Hey Luke,

Did you get your asking price on the properties?

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@chris
    Yes, no asking for other prices at all! My prices are so much better than the next deal they just want to buy it.
    Cash over terms even though I am offering terms but at stupid higher cost.

If I was an uneducated land speculator I would buy my properties on terms and market them for more. Wouldn’t be hard to make my terms work while you try to sell it to someone else for a lot more. I think I will get some takers.

Also going to try to put a link and instructions on my website to buy a property. They can sign and all right there. That might shorten the back and forth. They can buy while I am sleeping and I will just fill the orders in the morning or as they come in.

Chris C
    Participant

Nice Luke! You are killin it!

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Oops, the link feature to sign the purchase agreement is an added cost. Used to do that on Docusign but they got expensive. Cudasign charges $199 per month to do that. Ill just send them out the agreement one by one as they ask for it. Unlimited for $1 a month that way. I got a template created I am going to try out tonight.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.