LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Land with abandoned trailers

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael
    Participant

Hi. I have a signed purchase agreement from a recent mailer for a 10 acre parcel in Northern AZ. Initially I felt that I over offered in price but then talked to the seller who stated there’s a shared well on the property. I’ve reviewed the docs and feel comfortable with this being a great deal. That was until I visited the property and saw two derilict, abandoned trailers with no wheels and a vehicle on the property as well as 2 generators and a heap of trash and debris. Apparently this belonged to the uncle who willed the property to the current owners before he died.

Otherwise this could be a great deal which I think could sell for 3 x my purchase price.

Just not sure I know how to deal with abandoned trailers/ vehicles.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell

Michael – see if a scrap guy wants them for the metal. You might get someone to remove them that way. Otherwise I would sell them with the property and let the next buyer figure it out. Of course that may affect the price that you can get.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Michael
    Participant

Thanks Kevin. That’s good advice. In your experience is it necessary to have title to vehicles and trailers signed over to me as land buyer and then me sign these titles over to next buyer. Or can they just be considered part and parcel with the land.

I’m dealing with some sellers who didn’t even know the trailers were there and wouldn’t be able to sign title.

Thanks again

Kevin Farrell

Michael – I would only attempt to get ownership transferred on MH. The rest of it can be considered scrap IMO. I have had a car removed with no trouble at all.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.