LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Land investing course

• Creator
    Topic

Dalton
    Participant

Hello,

I am in need for honest no BS advice. I am in the search for a land investing course. I have been all over the internet looking and what’s available out there. I’ve found LandAcademy, The Land Geek, RETipster, Land Flippers, Land Profit Generator so far. Has anyone recently bought any of these courses and applied what they teach, and have you had success or failures? Please give me the good bad and the ugly, I want it all before I commit to anything.

Thanks

Dalton

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Dalton – I bought Land Academy after looking at and trying some others. I bought some bits from RETipster and I have nothing but good things to say about Seth. But I needed a more complete, all inclusive training than he offered (2016). The LA training is exactly what they advertise it to be “Everything that you need to know to do the land business.” It does not contain hard work, common sense, and start up money of $10K to $15K. You must supply those pieces. Keep searching this forum and you will read more about individual experiences with LA.

Good luck to you.

Curtis Eickenloff
    Participant
    Pro

Dalton – I would have to second what Kevin said. Land Academy has had a major impact on my life. The program works. The provided training and the programs are great. The other members are amazing. There are so many members willing to help out and answer questions. I am part of both RETipster and Land Academy. Both programs helped me get where I am in my real estate career. Like Kevin has said, it takes hard work and a little start-up money, but if you are serious about getting into the land business, you can’t go wrong with Land Academy.

Dalton
    Participant

Thanks Kevin for your response, if you don’t mind me asking what other courses did you try? I’ve heard only good about land Academy which is great I’m just trying to learn about all my options!

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Dalton – keep searching this forum to find more comments. I will not bad mouth any systems that I have not tried. I will leave that to others.

Milan
    Participant

You want no BS advice Dalton? Here it is: everything you need to know was already written 10X on this forum. That’s the advice. Now it all depends how hard you’re willing to work and your intelligence levell. If you’re like me, you won’t go far. I only possess the the low levell of the second trait. But I’m lazy and I’m not willing to work hard. If you are intelligent and you’re hard worker, you will know what to do by spending 25 hours on this forum – 1-2 days of just heavy reading.

Milan
    Participant

BTW I bought land academy education course and it is fantastic!

Dalton
    Participant

How long have you had the course?

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Dalton – I will add to the advice from Milan: read the forums and listen to all the podcasts on The Cash Flow from Land Show. They cover the basics and the obscure. It takes time but they have discussed every question about this business that you can think of. Its all free. Not well organized so that is the challenge.

Allan Baker
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Dalton- I started in this business mid 2017 I was torn between Land Academy and land Geek. I ended up purchasing the Land Geek Program first. I paid like $1000 for it and when the program came I started to watch the first course and within 10 minutes probably sooner, I knew I wasted my money. the land geek course at least the one I got was very poor quality video and felt like it started in the middle and left me with more questions.Questions that only get answered with an UP-SALE. After that Realization I immediately purchased the land academy cash flow from land course. a little dry at times but EVERYTHING is there start to finish with no BS or sugar coating. like the others have said you can get what you need out of the forums and pod casts if you are willing to sift through everything. I will even say the land geek podcasts have value but I use them more for ideas about creating process and automation. Like the others have said you get out of the business what you put into it. I hope that helps you.

Joe Schmitt
    Participant
    Pro

I’ve looked at all of them. None are perfect.

LA – it’s expensive. The data is overkill and expensive IMHO. The forum is nice, but you can basically use the free forum here and ask questions on other land investor Facebook forums. Parcelfact is nice, but county GIS sites and other rolls can be pretty good. There are not a lot of templates to work with, which was frustrating to me when I started. What I like about LA is that Steve and Jill are showing thought leadership and working hard to create fresh content in new spaces (infill lots, deal funding, commercial, beginners program). Weekly member calls are very helpful too.

RETipster – Most of the course is Seth’s free blog posts and videos arranged in a helpful manner. There is a monthly members only call and a members only forum. Seth is a thought leader too, and has recently begun writing about different asset classes like farm land. Not sure how much of it has made its way into his paid membership area though.

Jack Bosch – Very comprehensive with great templates and accompanying videos. Solid advice, and a good twist by doing neutral letters (not blind offers) when you start working a county. They have a tool and they offer coaching and live events. They don’t push this super hard, but it’s definitely offered.

Land Geek – All about terms sales. I know several people who have done well using their approaches. They definitely have a ladder of product offerings. Constant pushes for coaching, and for buying their tools and workshops. I personally find the level of salesmanship annoying and almost predatory.

Just my take. Your mileage may vary.

Dalton
    Participant

Thank you for the advice! I’ve recently bought the land flippers course, I figured it’s the lowest cost of entry and can give me some useful information to get me started and once I get a deal or 2 under my belt I’ll look into LA.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.