LandInvestors.com Forums +Success Stories+ Just sold first property

• Creator
    Topic

Kent Johnson
    Participant

I sent my first mailer in April and had a purchase agreement for my first deal pretty quickly. However it took until July to close the purchase. I listed on Craigslist and BrokerDirectMLS and had a buyer the next day from Craigslist. It took about 10 days to close the sale. I bought for $10K, sold for $24,900. After expenses I made about $13K. I’m beyond pleased with my first land deal.

Kent

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Nick Davis
    Participant
    Pro

Kent that’s awesome. I can’t wait till I get that first deal done. I’m currently stuck with analysis paralysis when picking counties. Hope you do many more deals in the future!

Nick

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Kent – that is a perfect deal! This is also a great example of why you have to send out mail EVERY MONTH! You mailed offers in April and now it is mid August when you made the profit. 3 to 4 months is not that unusual for this business to get the returns. So if you want some profits in December, you should have mailed offers in August. If you stop mailing for some reason (as I have done before) it will take you a few months to fill the pipeline with deals.

New people – read what I just wrote above again. You are sending your first mailer. If you close in title company to buy and sell, it will take you 3 to 4 months to collect on your first deal. Self closing goes much faster but it will still be about 2 months with marketing time. Don’t quit your job until you have the cash flow you need.

Kevin

Marc Littmann
    Participant
    Pro

Congrats, Kent! Way to go! Would love to hear the details of the deal if you are willing to share.

marc

Marc Littmann
    Longmont, CO

Brian Leppard
    Participant
    Pro

Man. That is OUTSTANDING> I am almost to the point in LA where i can send out my first mailer. You give me motivation, and hope that I can do it and succeed. I need this!

Do you have other stuff in the pipe, or what’s your work flow look like? Send more mailers or are there other deals in the works that you need to complete first?

Great work!

Brian

Steve Foster
    Participant
    Pro

You’ll always remember it! Congratulations.

Shawn Swisher
    Participant
    Pro

Awesome Kent, congratulations!!

Living vicariously through myself...

Kent Johnson
    Participant
    Pro

Thank you guys for the encouraging words!

Kevin – amen brother, I’ve seen the light! One thing I’m lacking is a rhythm but I will work on sending offers on a more regular basis to keep the deal funnel filled. @rotortech

Brian – Yes, more deals in the works. The April mailer was about 400 offers and produced the one deal described above. I did a second mailer in June of 1500 offers which has so far produced two agreements, one I bought yesterday for $7K which should bring $15K-$20K, the other I will buy for $13K which should bring $20K. @brianleppard

Kent

John C
    Participant
    Pro

Congrats!! I am working on my first deal also off my first mailer.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.