LandInvestors.com Forums +Success Stories+ Just broke 1000 properties bought, most are sold too.

• Creator
    Topic
    Luke Smith

Was just noticing in my accounting software that the number of properties bought crossed over 1,000 since I started. It does not seem like that many but I wholesaled a bunch off along the way that I never even put in the accounting system too. The phone keeps ringing 2,000 coming right up!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Milan
    Participant

Amazing! Congratulations Luke! You’re true land rockstar with big balls 🙂

Dave Ayres
    Participant
    Pro

Wow! Nicely done Luke. I appreciate watching and learning from you through your input to others. Thank you for doing that. Celebrating with you!!

Mike
    Participant
    Pro

It really is kind of amazing.

I would bet there are quite a few people that decided to take the leap of faith and commit to this program because of your success – at least I know it was one of the reasons I did. The biggest motivator to real estate investing, for me, has always been seeing other people doing deals. It means you know the deals are out there – you just have to take your lumps while you’re learning the ropes and put in the effort to pursue them.

Based on your results, I don’t think you’ve taken many lumps along the way. But your success is definitely been a huge help in demonstrating that the model works. At this point, I’m just curious to know whether you hit your first 1,000 sooner than Jack. 🙂 Granted, thats a little unfair given he had taken a lot of the lumps out of for the majority of us by putting this program and this set of applications together.

btw: My first mailer was a bust. Stuck with it though, got a little better understanding of the process along the way (i.e. took my lumps), and did a second mailer. Picked up 5 parcels in 3 deals for roughly 9k (62 acres total). Absolute cheapest land in the county is going for 500/acre (2 or 3) and almost all the rest is going for 800 to 1k and up. Quick sales at 400/acre? We’ll see…..

Next mailer going out next week. 🙂

Keep sharing the success stories, Luke. Its a huge help to more people than you think.

Ik Alile
    Participant

That’s amazing. Real inspiration for us beginners. I just bought my first 7 properties, hopefully they’ll be sold off soon and I’ll be on my way too.

Thanks for sharing Luke

Gene
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Luke,

Awesome job – thanks for sharing. It’s very encouraging.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Lady shopper in AR just called her back. She started crying on the phone over buying land so easily. She was telling the kids and neighbors while I still had her on the phone. Nice feeling. Now she wants land for each of her kids too! Went from I can’t afford the first one to land for everyone!

Luke Harris
    Participant

What accounting software do you use Luke?

Aaron English
    Participant
    Pro

Awesome Luke! You’re crushing it!

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

The accounting software is Buildium for property mgt. It’s much more for SFR than land but works for land. Have been moving more and more over to spreadsheets so I can customize more and search easier. They are free and I own them too not like SAAS raising the price once they got all your data in their system.

Tommy Suria
    Participant
    Pro

Howdy Luke: do you mean Excel for keeping track and customize searches??

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

I use Google docs so I can share with my team. Get more done that way.

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant

@luketsmith congratulations and thank you for sharing so much with everyone!

Jenna B
    Participant
    Pro

btw: My first mailer was a bust. Stuck with it though, got a little better understanding of the process along the way (i.e. took my lumps), and did a second mailer. Picked up 5 parcels in 3 deals for roughly 9k (62 acres total). Absolute cheapest land in the county is going for 500/acre (2 or 3) and almost all the rest is going for 800 to 1k and up. Quick sales at 400/acre? We’ll see…..

@hasemann Why was your first mailer a bust? Was it priced too high or low? How many did you send out in the first mailer?

Lukondo Mampuya
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks for you sharing!
    Luke Mampuya

Lukondo Mampuya
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks Luke Smith for sharing us your knowledge as well…
    Luke Mampuya

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.