You are here:--Just broke 1000 properties bought, most are sold too.
Just broke 1000 properties bought, most are sold too. 2017-03-17T13:55:36+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums +Success Stories+ Just broke 1000 properties bought, most are sold too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    #8669 |

Was just noticing in my accounting software that the number of properties bought crossed over 1,000 since I started. It does not seem like that many but I wholesaled a bunch off along the way that I never even put in the accounting system too. The phone keeps ringing 2,000 coming right up!

Profile photo of MilanMilan
    Participant

Amazing! Congratulations Luke! You’re true land rockstar with big balls 🙂

Dave Ayres
    Participant

Wow! Nicely done Luke. I appreciate watching and learning from you through your input to others. Thank you for doing that. Celebrating with you!!

Mike
    Participant

It really is kind of amazing.

I would bet there are quite a few people that decided to take the leap of faith and commit to this program because of your success – at least I know it was one of the reasons I did. The biggest motivator to real estate investing, for me, has always been seeing other people doing deals. It means you know the deals are out there – you just have to take your lumps while you’re learning the ropes and put in the effort to pursue them.

Based on your results, I don’t think you’ve taken many lumps along the way. But your success is definitely been a huge help in demonstrating that the model works. At this point, I’m just curious to know whether you hit your first 1,000 sooner than Jack. 🙂 Granted, thats a little unfair given he had taken a lot of the lumps out of for the majority of us by putting this program and this set of applications together.

btw: My first mailer was a bust. Stuck with it though, got a little better understanding of the process along the way (i.e. took my lumps), and did a second mailer. Picked up 5 parcels in 3 deals for roughly 9k (62 acres total). Absolute cheapest land in the county is going for 500/acre (2 or 3) and almost all the rest is going for 800 to 1k and up. Quick sales at 400/acre? We’ll see…..

Next mailer going out next week. 🙂

Keep sharing the success stories, Luke. Its a huge help to more people than you think.

Profile photo of Ik AlileIk Alile
    Participant

That’s amazing. Real inspiration for us beginners. I just bought my first 7 properties, hopefully they’ll be sold off soon and I’ll be on my way too.

Thanks for sharing Luke

Gene
    Participant

Luke,

Awesome job – thanks for sharing. It’s very encouraging.

Luke Smith

Lady shopper in AR just called her back. She started crying on the phone over buying land so easily. She was telling the kids and neighbors while I still had her on the phone. Nice feeling. Now she wants land for each of her kids too! Went from I can’t afford the first one to land for everyone!

Luke Harris
    Participant

What accounting software do you use Luke?

Aaron English
    Participant

Awesome Luke! You’re crushing it!

Luke Smith

The accounting software is Buildium for property mgt. It’s much more for SFR than land but works for land. Have been moving more and more over to spreadsheets so I can customize more and search easier. They are free and I own them too not like SAAS raising the price once they got all your data in their system.

Tommy Suria
    Participant

Howdy Luke: do you mean Excel for keeping track and customize searches??

Luke Smith

I use Google docs so I can share with my team. Get more done that way.

Darald Berger (@AggieLand)
    Participant

@luketsmith congratulations and thank you for sharing so much with everyone!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.