LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Is anyone good with Google Sheets/Excel?

• Creator
    Topic

Marcus
    Participant

In my Google sheets I have a column with the acreage for the parcels, ranging from 1-5 acres. Is it possible to multiply the acre size by my offer %, and then have the new number (offer price) show up in the next column over?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Marcus – You are going to need some help with spreadsheets. You can google this and get the answer that you need. And you will need to find a source of spreadsheet tutorials that you can bookmark and go back to often.

Here is what you asked for. At the top of a column right click. From dropdown select insert column. You can insert this column next to your acreage column or anywhere on the page. In row one of the new column write = then click on the acreage cell in the same row then write * then write your offer price per acre. It will look like this =C2*400. Hit enter or move to another cell and the calculated price will show up in the first cell of your new column. Then just copy that first cell all they way down the column to calculate price for every record.

That is a brief and sketchy tutorial. As I said above, you should look it up and watch a video. You have a lot to learn about using spreadsheets and you need to find a good source.

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks Kevin

Matt
    Participant
    Pro

Have you tried “=acreage cell*price per acre”

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

Good idea Matt, I haven’t yet. The list I was referring to is in a county without a GIS system. I’ll try it on my next data pull.

Jeff Unruh
    Participant

I know this is old, but if you still need help with Excel, just PM me.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.