LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** IMPORTANT though unanswered question so far- ANYONE ?

• Creator
    Topic
    john
    Participant

Can anyone elaborate and help to understand . The paragraph from V 26 May Investors Newsletter

“Here is what it can do for property investors like us; after reviewing the entire 150M unit dataset, I would like to see properties with no improvement value (land) in zip codes where the spread between average completed sale value and the “for sale” values is largest. This tells me where to send out blind offers. Then I would like to see, within those geographic parameters, what acreage range is the widest. This tells me which owners or to whom to send blind offers. After scrubbing down to this dataset, I would like to know what the actual spread prices are. This tells me for how much to send each offer (how to price the offers).”

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Bobbi
    Participant

“Here is what it can do for property investors like us; after reviewing the entire 150M unit dataset, I would like to see properties with no improvement value (land)

•The property will show a dollar amount in the Improvement Value category when there is a building on the land. No improvement value means no building and which helps verify that the land is vacant•

In zip codes where the spread between average completed sale value and the “for sale” values is largest. This tells me where to send out blind offers.

•Find a zip code where the price difference between “sold” and “for sale” is largest. This helps you decide WHERE (geographically using zip codes) to send the offers•

Then I would like to see, within those geographic parameters, what acreage range is the widest. This tells me which owners or to whom to send blind offers.

•This one is a little more ambiguous… “what acreage range is the widest” as it relates to what? I dunno… maybe they mean of those zip codes, pick the ones with the wides available acreages and target owners there?

After scrubbing down to this dataset, I would like to know what the actual spread prices are. This tells me for how much to send each offer (how to price the offers).”

•This sounds like they want you revisit step two, but with your newly narrowed list. Maybe separate out acreage ranges in those zip codes and see what the spreads for “sold” and “for sale” and use those numbers to relatively adjust the price on your mailer?

sorry i’m not an expert but i tried to interpret the best I could. Hopefully someone can chime in and offer some more insight!

Bobbi
    Participant

Sorry it wouldn’t let me edit so this is an updated reply!

“Here is what it can do for property investors like us; after reviewing the entire 150M unit dataset, I would like to see properties with no improvement value (land)

•The property will show a dollar amount in the Improvement Value category when there is a building on the land. No improvement value means no building and which helps verify that the land is vacant•

In zip codes where the spread between average completed sale value and the “for sale” values is largest. This tells me where to send out blind offers.

•Find a zip code where the price difference between “sold” and “for sale” is largest. This helps you decide WHERE (geographically using zip codes) to send the offers•

Then I would like to see, within those geographic parameters, what acreage range is the widest. This tells which owners or to whom to send blind offers.

•This one is a little more ambiguous… “what acreage range is the widest” as it relates to what? I dunno… maybe they mean of those zip codes, pick the ones with the widest available acreage ranges, and target owners with acreage that falls within that range? That’s how to find WHO to send your offers.

After scrubbing down to this dataset, I would like to know what the actual spread prices are. This tells me for how much to send each offer (how to price the offers).”

•This sounds like they want you revisit step two, but with your newly narrowed list. Maybe separate out acreage ranges in those zip codes and see what the spreads for “sold” and “for sale” and use those numbers to relatively adjust the price on your mailer?

sorry i’m not an expert but i tried to interpret the best I could. Hopefully someone can chime in and offer some more insight!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.