LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** ID says John Michael Smith and on the documents it's J.M. Smith

• Creator
    Topic
    Patrycja & Tom
    Participant

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

I am in a process of creating a new deed an I need your help.
    The LLC ownes the parcel and I got husband and wife ready to sign. The husband is “the sole Manager” of this LLC, and wife is also a member of that LLC. The LLC will be on the deed and husband and wife are executing on behalf of the LLC.
    The problem is his ID says exp. John Michael Smith and on the documents that shows he is the sole Manager of the LLC it’s J.M. Smith.
    What would you do? Which name would you use on he deed? Once again: on his ID: John Michael Smith. On the documents that shows he is the sole Manager of the LLC it’s J.M.Smith.
    I just want to avoid problems. I feel like I should stick with J.M. Smith cause that’s his name on those documents but I am afraid that the notary can have a problem with that and might not notaries the deed.

What you guys think?

Thank you in advance and Best wishes!

Patrycja

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

I would make the deed with sig same as his driver Lic. The grantee is the LLC right? The operating agreement doesn’t matter for the deed. It matters for the notary.

Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

Clarification. The operating agreement just shows you he has authority to sign. And I don’t see why the wife signs if it is a single member LLC as you described. Is he managing member and she is member. Still doesn’t matter but can’t hurt.
    – best

Blake Jones
    Participant
    Pro

What about drafting up an Affidavit stating that John Michael Smith and J.M. Smith are one and the same person and record that with the docs?

Patrycja & Tom
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

@rodhall

Dear Rod,

Husband is member & manager, wife is a member, but their ownership is 50/50. So in case I want her to sign to.
    About the name, I think I will contact the notary who’s going to meet them first, and then I will decide if I use John Michel Smith or simply J.M. Smith.
    What do you think?

Patrycja & Tom
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

@B.D.Jones

Dear B.D.,

So funny that you go with B.D :_)

Anyway, maybe I should ad on a deed something like “J.M. Smith known as John Michael Smith”, etc

Not sure I got few problems with a deed in the same county and now I am afraid that the notary will have a problem to notaries this one.
    what if I will contact the notary who’s going to meet them first, and then I will decide if I use John Michel Smith or simply J.M. Smith. I just ask if he or she will notaries the deed if the person got Ja little different name on the ID then on his documents.

What do you think?

Patrycja

Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

Yep. Sounds good

Blake Jones
    Participant
    Pro

My name is spelled differently on some docs and I remember once signing an affidavit (I believe it was for property I was buying) stating the different spellings of my name (one shortened, one longer) were one and the same person. If it were me I’d have that and then yes let the notary advise on signature. But that’s me and I’m very much still learning.

Patrycja & Tom
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Rod & B.D., thank you for your thoughts and ideas! I appreciate your time :_)

Patrycja

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.