LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** How to deal with an angry seller when your offer price is too high

• Creator
    Topic
    Johnny
    Participant

Hi everyone. I’m fairly new to the group. I’ve got a question from my most recent mailing. I sent a mailer out to an area and quickly realized that I messed up the pricing. Somehow the offer price ended up being close to if not over retail. Getting crazy number of calls and emails. One couple in particular signed the offer and returned it. I responded politely and let them know we will not be able to purchase the property. She responded back stating that we sent them a specific offer price, they accepted and signed so it is now a contract and asked if they should consult an attorney. I again politely responded and explained that the offer letter contained several contingencies that needed to be met including further due diligence of the property. I told her it was similar to putting in an offer on a house and then doing an inspection. If there were things on the inspection that the buyer didn’t like, they can walk away. She responded again this morning stating that the seller had met all contingencies and if the buyer refused to purchase that they could sue. I’m almost positive that they have no leg to stand on. There are too many reasons to mention that a seller or buyer can back out of a deal. I’m thinking to just not respond anymore but I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts. Thank you

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Meg
    Participant

I’d love to see Jill respond to this. Maybe post it in Discord. Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.