Forums **Ask A Question** How to compel Grantor to sign new docs?

  • Creator
  • #25403
    Tal Freibergs
    Post count: 17

    I made a mistake in filing a deed with the county and now have to file a corrective deed. I have contacted the Grantor and they have not replied. What do I do now and what is the status of the title?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Kevin Farrell
    Post count: 1645

    Tal – I hate correction deeds for this reason. Hopefully they are just traveling and unable to get your message. Keep trying. When I get them on the phone I am very polite and I ask them if they will do this for me since I made a mistake and I want to get it done correctly. Then, when I send the notary out there again I have an envelope with a cash gift card for $50 or $100 with a thank you note. Good luck getting in touch with them.

    And if they don’t help you, then you don’t really own the property and can’t sell it.

    Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 30 minute call -

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.