LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** How much do you pay for a mobile notary?

• Creator
    Topic

danielholmlund
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m curious what people pay for mobile notaries in different parts of the county. Comment below with the location and what you consider a reasonable price.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Joe Schmitt
    Participant
    Pro

I have never used a mobile notary. I have closed 10+ transactions just by sending a deed, a purchase agreement, and a SASE. I send explicit directions to have the seller notartize at their bank and set the expectation that I will send a check (I just send a regular business check unless they specifically request a cashiers check) AFTER I successfully record the deed.

Set the expectations up front, tell them exactly how the transaction will go, and you shouldn’t have a problem.

Mike
    Participant
    Pro

My answer is similar to Joes… a few years ago I stopped using mobile notaries altogether. When I buy a property I email the seller a deed with insteuctions to print it out, get it notarized and send it back to me. When I recieve it I record it via Simplifile and then mail them a regular business check. No mobile notary, no trip to the bank for a cashiers check, no overnight delivery fees. I explain that this is the “standard procedure” , which it is if they want to sell to me. I’ve purchased over 200 properties this way with no issues. The key is to build rapport, trust and credibilty from the start.

Milan
    Participant

Interesting! I like that low cost low hassle aproach. Unfortunately it won’t work for you all the time. If I used this strategy only, I wouldnt acquire single property. I guess I don’t sound trustworthy on the phone. Or my purchase prices are little higher $4K + for their comfort zone to trust me fully. And if the seller doesnt agree on this way of sale, will you not take the deal? You will. But you’ll close it different way

Joe Martin
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

$100 is what I’m quoted most often all over the Eastern US

danielholmlund
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks for replying with prices from different areas.

I found a notary in Southern California that notarized two deeds for 11 lots today. Her price was only $80.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

$75 to $125 NM, WA, TX, CA

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.