You are here:--How many Heirship Affidavits do I need???
How many Heirship Affidavits do I need???2018-08-06T19:00:42+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** How many Heirship Affidavits do I need???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’m trying to self-close a transaction where the seller claims full interest in a property that was owned by her deceased parents (no probate), and this seller has a sibling that is also deceased (sibling has no kids). How many Affidavits of Heirship would be required to cure title?

I’m thinking three (3), one for each parent and one for the sibling??

Because I’m so unsure, I’m leery about self-closing this transaction at all. The problem is, it’s basically $1,000 all in if I self-close. Using a title company adds an additional $2,500 (doc fees, mobile notaries for out of state seller, etc. etc.)..

…What should I do…lol?

Thanks for any input.

Rod Hall
    Participant

No probate? Seller is on the deed as JT or in common?

Rod Hall
    Participant

Oh I see. Looked it up. My reading leads me to think the affidavit is for the heir alone and is filed with the county already. I bought a property like this in Mohave. Probably the same thing . Don’t know. They have their own form and called it an affidavit of sucession. I just sent it in with the new deed

Rod Hall
    Participant

Oops actually there were two affidavits one for each decedent her parents. What the seller had to do the get them I didn’t ask

Ellis
    Participant

Thanks Rod.

IDK, I think i might pay title company to do it. I can still make some money this way.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.