LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** How long does it take for mailers from O2O to hit the midwest?

• Creator
    Topic
    Marcus
    Participant

I live in IL and included myself in my mailer, the order was completed on March 5 and my letter still hasn’t shown up.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Joe Schmitt
    Participant
    Pro

It varies. I’m in Minnesota, and sometimes it takes up to two weeks.

Brace for the H8 dude, it’s coming. 🙂

joe@hyhproperties.com

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Sometimes it’s quick sometimes it’s slower. It’s standard mail not first class. It gets boxed by area. Shipped to that area then opened and spread around the area. When that area hits the phone rings. Like in waves.

I went to the regional USPS office and got a class on it got set up to do commercial mail. Then never paid for the license but learned how it worked. Learned I don’t want to do that part of the business.

Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

2 weeks. I always include one addressed to myself in Colorado and it invariably takes 14 days to receive after submitting my file to Offers2Owners.

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

So I just woke up, looked at my phone and an hour ago I got a text from someone in IL who wants to sell their property but not for my offer price! So what now, find out more about their property and situation and how much they may want for it?

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

“I know it’s not worth what I paid for it but I’m looking for $25,000.” I offered her 5k-ish.

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

3 similar parcels in the same subdivision just came on the MLS 2 days ago at $15,000. I’ll pass on this offer.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Marcus – Here it comes. Remember, only take the easy deals. No deed problems, no huge back taxes, no major haggling. You want to wait for the low hanging fruit. Take your time to examine each deal and don’t rush it. They will still be there in a couple of days if needed. Try to budget the amount of cash you want to spend or the number of parcels that you want to buy in this county. When you hit that number, slow down.

Have fun.

Kevin

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

Another vm today, he’s got 2 parcels in the same subdivision. He wants to talk it over w/the wife. According to him, person who subdivided it and raised money for the project, paved the roads, brought in power, and then did something shady.

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

Looks like these lots may be in the same subdivision as caller #1.

Tim Flood
    Participant

Looks like these lots may be in the same subdivision as caller #1.

Marcus – Not sure if you got all the answers you were looking for in this thread, but from what you’ve described, it definitely sounds like this seller has some properties that are worth a second look and talking to.

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

Hey @txfloods yesterday I got a text from someone who owns a lot in this subdivision as well. I just checked my phone, got a vm from another guy w/2 lots in this same subdivision. Today’s caller has 2 lots at 1 ac each, my offer letter was for 2932.5/acre. He paid nearly 60k back in 2006. The subdivision appears to have county road, power, and water. So for this subdivision I’ve got 3 sellers with 5 lots.

And I received my own letter yesterday.

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

Based on the agent’s single photo, there are a couple decent-sized houses in the subdivision. My newbie mind is saying to buy/list one of these properties at a time, get much better photos, and list them at 7.5-10k. The town is a day’s drive from me, I’m tempted to rent a car for a weekend and go see them in person.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.