LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** How do you organize your mailers you send out?

• Creator
    Topic
    Mr. Wright
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m starting to scale up in a major way by sending out A LOT more mail to a few counties but starting to see how keeping track on the counties that I mailed can be a challenge. Currently I have a folder of the counties I have mailed with a description of the different size ranges & demographics so that I can reference when they call back. Is there a better way? How do some of the Land Ninjas combat this problem? Is there a software I should be looking at?

Any ideas would help…thanks a bunch!!!

P. Wright

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Laurie Phillips
    Participant

Hi Palini,

This is a great question. For each mailer I track:

Reference numbers
    Date I pulled the data
    Date the mail went out from Offers2Owners
    Number of letters sent
    Quantity downloaded to produce that many letters
    If there’s a large gap between the two, why I had to throw away so many downloaded records
    Acre range mailed
    Total dollar amount of the mailer
    Average offer price for the mailer
    Prices per acre offered
    Retail prices per acre at the time I mailed
    Expiration date of the offer

I also track the mailer performance, and that plus the data above tell me more about the area in case I mail there or to an adjacent county in the future.

I store this data in Airtable, which is similar to an online worksheet with pseudo-relational database capabilities. This makes it easier to search, sort, calculate, etc.

Hope that helps.

Laurie

Mr. Wright
    Participant

Laurie,,,Thank you SOOOOOOO much.

P. Wright

Laurie Phillips
    Participant

You’re welcome, and good luck with your mailers!

Reed Jacobs
    Participant

Hi Laurie! Would you be willing to share some info on your Airtable set up process? Did you do it all yourself? I’ve used it for around a year and haven’t found a system that works efficiently for me yet. Thanks!

Laurie Phillips
    Participant

Hi Reed,

I set this up myself. I kept the number of columns to a minimum because too many fields becomes unwieldy and ultimately ignored. Over time I’ve automated the data I want as much as I can, either through grouped views with summaries/averages or with calculated fields. Calculated fields are an adventure in AirTable but they make my life much more efficient when I finally get them to work. The other thing is I hate using an app with an ugly interface so I’d never track this data in Excel. With AirTable I can create simple views for input that only have the couple of fields I need. For instance, I have a view for inputting notes. It only has the key field for that row and the notes field. Wham, I can input notes without scrolling to find it.

You can hire someone to do this for you. I have a programming background so I had a little advantage. Either way, I recommend you keep it simple to start and automate what you need over time.

Best,
    Laurie

Reed Jacobs
    Participant

Thank you so much for the detailed response! This is very helpful and confirms that it will be worthwhile to spend more time customizing Airtable automations/views to fit what I’m doing. Lots of good ideas from you, appreciate it! -Reed

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.