LandInvestors.com Forums *New Member Introductions* Hi Land Academy members from Singapore (long post…. sorry)

• Creator
    Topic

Logan Jordan
    Participant

Hi Land Academy staff and members,

I’ve been a long time listener to real estate podcasts, I have read many books and own single family rentals in TX & LA. I’ve been living and working overseas in Singapore for the last 2 yrs+. Since leaving the USA, I’ve been investing in passive real estate syndications in mobile home parks, self storage, multifamily apartments, grocery anchored strip mails, industrial, hotel thru sites like Crowdstreet, RealtyShares and directly with experienced operators I’ve learned about through podcasts.

Before leaving the USA, I came across Mark Podolsky (or another) and listened to him on/off, then I started consistently listening to LandGeek once he brought on over members (Scott Todd, etc.). I’ve long believed in the opportunity of the concept of buying land at 20-30% of its value and selling it quickly either for cash or on terms at a discount. At some point (~1 yr ago) I came across LandAcademy and found Steve & Jill’s podcast was more valuable to me from education, entertainment, etc.

I avoided getting started as I thought living aboard would add too many hurdles, like:
    -mailing from outside the US (I’m planning to use Offers2owners or other service)
    -getting calls in the middle of the night (Singapore is ~12-16 hrs ahead of USA, but use VM or PatLive, etc. to screen or record calls)
    -return address for accepted offers (still deciding on this, either virtual mailbox or family in location they aren’t likely to move soon)
    -website for sales & posting to various outlets (registered http://www.LandPerfection.com last night, planning to use the WordPress youtube tutorial by Tyler Moore to setup my website before YE2018)

While I’m trying to get my phone number/call service setup, permanent address and website setup before doing my first mailer, I’ve been watching the training videos and look forward to my first mailer. I’ve also partnered on our first purchase with another new member and plan to do another with that partner soon.

If anyone is also looking for a money partner, let me know. I don’t yet have Land experience, but I’m a hard workers and willing to fund for 50% of the profits.

Sincerely,
    Logan Jordan
    Salvation Properties LLC
    http://www.LandPerfection.com (website coming soon)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

Welcome!

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Hi Jordan. Welcome to the Land Investors community.

Kevin

Travis K
    Participant
    Pro

Hey Jordan,
    I’d like to follow your progress. I want to be where you are in a few years situational-wise (living abroad in Asia, working on business remotely, doing real estate…). I’ll check in periodically to see how it’s going for you. Good luck and we’re rooting for ya!

Logan Jordan
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks for the warm welcomes and best wishes. I look forward to learning and diving in during 2019. I’m happy to report the website is up and mostly done. I definitely feel is is better than necessary to get started and that was done before YE2018… so I reached that deadline!

However, I’m still working on getting a US local phone number and mailing address (I’m planning to use a virtual mailbox). Any suggestions or kicks in the bottom are welcome. Seems like letting the calls go to VM and not responding to irate callers has worked well for others reading old forum posts.

My next self imposed deadline is to have the phone and address by Jan 6, 2019 and my first mailing sent over to O2O before the end of Jan 2019. Please keep me accountable and suggestions are most welcome.

Sincerely,
    Logan Jordan
    Salvation Properties LLC
    http://www.LandPerfection.com

Travis K
    Participant
    Pro

Hey Jordan,
    You can find tios for all of these things in the forums.

Like someone mentioned, if yiure able to answer your phone for the first mailer or 2 (maybe not since you’re in singaoore), there is some value tonspeajing with customers and understanding how the process works start to finish. I got a google voice # for this and have been using it for a year, but just switched to pat love last night after closing 3 deals.

Theres another couple of posts in the forums about virtual mailbox suggestions. I encourage you to do a search for that. Last night I signed up with anytime mailbox with a lady living in Las Vegas who’s an accountant and a notary. She also occasionally takes real estate photos for her real estate customers. That was just a coincidence but shes solid. Personal service and been in business 32 years. Anytime is a new company but seems to be blowing up.

Other people have used escapees, earth class mail, traveling mailbox, and Ipostal and others. I have not used those, but of all the research I did last night, anytime seems to work for me bc they’re an underdog well suited for the digital age. People said good things about the others that I mentioned too. Luke Harris has used escapees for years and is hapoy with them (though that post is 2 yrs old now).

And as far as O2O, do it. Umar gives killer customer service and they’re fast!

Good luck with it all!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.