You are here:--Hello – newbie from Jacksonville, FL. Just Joined!
Hello – newbie from Jacksonville, FL. Just Joined!2018-06-12T15:50:55+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums *New Member Introductions* Hello – newbie from Jacksonville, FL. Just Joined!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Joke from the south:

Q – What’s the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee?

A – A yankee is someone who visits from the north. A damn yankee is someone who stayed.

eCommerce entrepreneur adding an additional stream of income in real estate (originally from NYC, so you know what that makes me).

Being a traditional 9-5 employee for so many years almost institutionalizes one to believe that owning a business and being financially independent is a far fetched reality suited for a lucky few individuals in society. I later learned that “luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity”, and so I changed my luck and the course of my reality and exited the work force and fired my boss once and for all (CCNA Network Administrator with 1 Bachelor, 2 Associate degrees, and countless industry certifications). My wife soon followed suit and we haven’t worked a J.O.B. (just over broke) in over 2 years and while we now order from the left side of the menu, as Emeril would say, “it’s time to kick it up a notch”. So here we are.

The no pressure sales and sincerity that Steven and Jill exhibit made me pull the trigger and I am fully committed to this new venture. I’ve listened to countless hours of podcasts on YouTube and the ease at which they make this opportunity sound makes me think of a slogan of “come do this, where success is normal”. And who can resist Jill’s laugh – “ha ha ha” … in threes, enunciated literally as she laughs. If you’ve heard it I know you are smiling right now. Love it

I’m not misguided or have qualms about it taking work, lots of it, but like an airplane in flight most if it’s energy is spent just getting airborne and reaching cruising altitude. Speaking of flight, I also signed up for the inaugural Land Academy 2.0 Live Beginner Session on September 21-23, 2018 so if anyone will be attending please drop a note and say “hey”.

Looking forward to making life-long connections here and if you’re on the fence about joining remember that your net worth is directly proportional to your network or said another way “show me your friends and I will tell you who you are.”

Ready to kick butt and take names.

Cas
    “To the victor go the spoils”

Stuart Mullins
    Participant

That’s awesome, Cas. Congratulations and welcome! You have a great attitude. There is risk with any new venture, but you have substantially mitigated it by joining Land Academy. I have been relatively quiet on the forum, but in the short time (3 months or so), I have been here, I have made new friends, learned a ton, bought 10 properties, and sold 7. It’s been a lot of work but also a lot of fun. Glad you’re here.

Stuart

Cas
    Participant

Thanks, Stuart! Congrats on the deals you’ve made and getting traction on your newly found education and skill set.

Jill DeWit
    Participant

@riccocas

Hi Cas,

This post totally made my day. I’m glad you are here and happy you are coming to our big event!

I promise this will be a weekend of learning, implementing, strategy, business goal setting, and LAUGHING! (I hope you can hear me laughing now!)

See you at the beach next month,

Jill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.