LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Have you hired a Transaction Coordinator?

• Creator
    Topic
    Shabadoo
    Participant

Who has hired a Transaction Coordinator? I was looking to see if anyone would mind sharing their TC job description with me.

Right now I am a one man show but I’m trying to get an idea of what I could expect should I locally post a job for a TC out to the public in my area. I understand I will train them for my own specific systems and needs but I wanted to get a feel for what a land investor centric Transaction Coordinator job description might look like.

I’d appreciate any guidance or advice or if you wouldn’t mind emailing me one or if you know of one posted online I’d really appreciate the assist.

Thanks in advance

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Jannette & Robert Jackson
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Shabadoo,

I’m just getting started also, so I don’t have a job description, but I do believe that the Equity Planner spreadsheet in Land Acadeny 1.0 or 2.0 has an Org Chart tab that defines what tasks a Transaction Coordinator would handle. This may be a place to start.

Good luck! Hope to be trading success stories with you all soon!

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Hi Shabado – I would recommend getting about 10 deals bought and sold first. That way you will know exactly what the tasks are because you will have completed them successfully. You will also have the opportunity to refine your process somewhat before hiring others. Meanwhile, it is good to be thinking ahead to the next level of business.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 30 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

John Pitkin
    Participant
    Pro

I’ve never had a transaction coordinator, but I’ve made a couple of unsuccessful attempts to hire one. This is the job description I posted:

“I am looking for a part-time assistant to help coordinate real estate transactions for a small land company based in the southwestern U.S.

Required Skills:
    – Fluent in English, written and verbal (fluency in Spanish also is a plus)
    – Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate tasks with other team members
    – Some experience with real estate is preferred

Typical tasks may include:
    – Make phone calls to ask initial due diligence questions of sellers or government organizations
    – Negotiate prices with sellers
    – Find and hire photographer if/when photos are needed as part of due diligence or marketing
    – Respond to voice messages from potential buyers
    – Respond to emails from potential buyers
    – Find and hire a notary if needed
    – Coordinate with escrow/title companies and remote assistants as needed
    – Review and edit content for advertisements, website, email campaigns, ebook, etc.
    – Write and set up email campaigns to buyers list
    – Contribute to improving business processes & checklists
    – Other administrative tasks as needed

Currently I do not anticipate the need for more than 5 hours per week. Potential for more hours as the business grows.”

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.