LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Have you considered taking an online title search training course?

• Creator
    Topic

Chris
    Participant

Buying and selling properties I see that it is quite useful to know the basics of title issues and how to do a basic search and how to make sure you are preparing the deed in the correct way. Has anyone else considered taking one of these online courses?

http://www.learntitlesearching.com/

http://www.titlesearchcourse.com/faq.html

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

o yea got loads of time for that. I should do it.

Mike
    Participant
    Pro

Nice find. The first one looks much better.

It would seem this would be a key skill
    to have when it comes to investing in land. Might even give some hints as to how
    you cure certain title defects and whats involved to help you figure out whether its a house or a mouse of a problem.

And Im guessing you’d get tons of practice doing it with land investing. 🙂

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@hasemann The reason I was interested is because I’m doing a little deed research on a particular property I have under contract and I see how the current owner, deeded the property jointly to herself and her daughters name but they used an incorrect legal description and when she signed as the grantor she signed with an altered spelling of her name.

Because I spotted these issues, I’m able to correct them now, versus just copying the current deeds incorrect legal description and owners altered spelling of their name and creating title problems for myself when I go to sell it.

I think those courses are only 8 hours or less to go through, and a lot of these small deals it doesn’t make sense to pay for title, and many title issues are pretty clear to someone who even has a basic knowledge of title concepts. I think a little knowledge can go a long way.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.