LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Have my Data crunched and Merged,Now What?

• Creator
    Topic

Michel
    Participant

@Jill
    @Steve

Hello,
    Another late night. I created my own mail merge word document, got my data from data2doorstep and scrubbed. I went to the direct mail site we were emailed and I’m lost. There is no direction on how or what to do when we get to this site. Am I missing something? The direct mail website is not intuitive at all. It would be nice to have some step by step instruction to get us through the first mailer. Please advise. Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Troy
    Participant

Hello Michael,

I spoke to a guy named Alan at ITI Letter Printing early this week.

He indicated that it “easier” to let them do the mail merge. Follow the step-by-step instructions in their help section, knowledge base, under letter printing services.

Link here: http://www.itikb.net/display/KB/Letter+printing+services

He said you set up your template letter in their system, and then send them the data spreadsheet, and they will do the merge, send you a proof copy of your letter/merged for approval a couple days later. Once approved, they send out all the letters. (don’t forget to add your name/address in the data list – so you know the mailer was sent out)

This is a different process than doing the merge yourself in word and then sending it all over to ITI for mailing as described in the course. Search Success Plant for a post on “letter printing”. There is a long conversation on working with ITI, mail settings, timelines, etc.

Luke @luketsmith said he has tried it both ways. Luke, please way in with your experience/opinion on work with ITI for letter printing.

Troy

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

ITI just makes it easy. Claire has a step by step post on here about what options she chose so I just copied her.

Make your selections, upload your files, pay. Wait for a day. Sign of then about 4 days later they say it is sent.

They have an excel template you can copy too.

Michel
    Participant
    Pro

@Luke
    @Claire
    @troy
    Thanks for feedback. I was following DVD 5 and got it all merged to word doc and them couldn’t figure out what to do. How many mailers do you target your first round?
    @Clairemont
    Look forward to your step-by-step.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@gougou2016
    Michel, part of that answer is based on your budget for the top end and for the bottom end look at the pricing over at ITI. To me it makes more sense to send 1500 or more mailers. Pull 2000 records and shave it down to see what you have left. 1500-1800 seems to be my norm.

Clean up your columns to only have the ones you need in the letter then send that over to ITI as well as your letter looking like < > everywhere you want to pull data in form the spreadsheet.

This last one I sent I used mail merge for the buyers name, phone, fax, email, address etc. Can do multiple buyers in the same mailer that way. Drops the cost some more. The more mail you send at once the lower the cost per piece.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.