LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Has anyone dealt with "EFU" parcels in Oregon?

• Creator
    Topic
    Kyle Bryant
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a couple of interested sellers in Oregon, but the land is zoned “EFU – Exclusive Farm Use.” I know this designation comes with certain building restrictions for non-farm dwellings, but I’m not 100% certain this would be a deal-killer for a rural parcel with water, mountain views, etc. Anyone have any luck selling EFU properties?

For context, I have a seller who wants $4,500 for a 5-acre EFU parcel in central Oregon. It’s got dirt road access and half the property slopes off a plateau. It’s also got access to a creek and has houses nearby.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Mike Marshall
    Participant
    Advanced

The land will likely be limited to farm associated land use types as the name implies. Take a look at the link below. There are land uses that are typically allowed in EFU zones that are not farm related. You would need to contact the applicable jurisdiction and ask the appropriate questions. If you need more information on this, an infill report may be a good idea. The infill report will identify the limitations associated with an EFU along with any others that may apply to the specific property. Good luck.

Here’s the link:

https://www.landuseoregon.com/references-resources/exclusive-farm-use/

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.