LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** GRAVES ON A PROPERTY!

• Creator
    Topic

Jermaine and Faith Hill
    Participant

@JILL @Steve

I have just got a property under contract and looking to close on it next week. I just had a buyer go out and view the property and found 2 grave sites on the property. The property is 10.93 Acre and the grave spot is small and only takes up a very tiny portion of the land.

Have you guys ever come across something like this where you purchased a land with a when the graves site is visible? If so, did this affect the marketability and sell of the property?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Joel S
    Participant
    Pro

Haven’t heard about it before but I found this: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/18/realestate/18posting.html

Some good information in that article.

Kathleen DeNault-Ridge
    Participant
    Pro

Jermaine,
    What did you end up doing with this parcel? I have a seller whom disclosed that his parcel has a single grave on it…his brother. He said that he would understand if the grave was a deal-breaker! Other than the internment-issue…it looks like a good parcel, and he likes my low-ball offer!

(you can’t make this s@#$ up!)

Milan
    Participant

I would ask the brother to tell me about his brother and his life. You never know, maybe the guy is famous 🙂 Maybe he was a pirate and is buried with his treasure.

Jermaine and Faith Hill
    Participant
    Pro

The deal did not work out. It looks like they owned more than one property. He did not mean to accept the agreement on the selling the property with the grave. It would be interesting to know what someone has done when they came across this situation.

Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Hey Jermaine! WOW. Thanks for the question – we are going to respond in full to it during our Tuesday podcast so please be sure to listen!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.