• Creator
    Topic
    Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant

@jilldewit
    @stevenbutala
    @mikedugan

Hi Mike, Jill, Steve et al

I heard yesterday’s call was amazing. Sorry I could not be on it but my daughter and son in law were in CO for a visit.

Can anyone tell me the best way to find GPS coordinates for a parcel? The county I am working in does not use Range, Section, Township. They give you the abbreviation for the subdivision, block#, lot#.

When you put this into Google Earth it will not locate the parcel. I can get a GIS map from the county but Google Earth is not much help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Jill DeWit
    Participant

Google Earth Pro is the answer!

You can input APN and go right there and get the correct GPS coordinates. More counties being added all the time.

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant

@jilldewit

Thanks Jill but when I enter the APN # on Google Earth Pro it cannot find the parcel. The APN works in other counties but not the one I am working in.

Any other suggestions?

Brian Mc
    Participant

Hey Kevin I have the same problem with Google Earth. I select APN search and use the GPS coordinates provided, and more often than not I don’t get a result. If you can get latitude and longitude coordinates then you can use Google Maps to find the location. Try this website: https://www.gps-coordinates.net

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant

@brianmc86

Hi Brian! Thanks for the suggestion. I’m going to try that right now.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.