LandInvestors.com Forums +Success Stories+ Got a new address!

• Creator
    Topic

Luke Smith

Cash for land

This is the best way to get paid for land. It is still not cool to come to my house at any given time and try to buy land. Finally broke down and got a mail box account.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Billy Rogers
    Participant

I just came to the same conclusion – I need to get a PO BOX.

Aaron Sauceda
    Participant
    Pro

I’m grappling with the same, Luke. First mailer I didn’t want to buy a PO Box or business address. Said screw it, and just used my home address. Something about getting calls from pissed off sellers makes me uneasy about them having my home address.

I’ve heard PO Box can hurt response rate though? What do you think? I’m thinking maybe so, but not materially — certainly not enough to surpass the peace of mind of not having your home address out there.

Ryan Lake
    Participant
    Pro

You can get a mailbox that looks like a business and not the post office or a UPS store.
    A simple google maps search of the potential address will show you exactly what someone will see when they try to look you up.
    I found one that is in a business park, so everyone thinks I have a small office there.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Love my box shop. Art who runs it gives out candy to my kids, they love going there. I walk over there with the stroller almost daily. I think I am his best notary client. Got a stack of deeds and tax forms for him to notarize almost daily.

There was this one pissed off caller who was driving and said I am coming to look you up and will run you down with my truck that still repeats in the back of my head. Get an alternative address.

Gerd Conner
    Participant
    Pro

Hey Ryan,

What service are you using for your box?

I’m gearing up and need an address! 🙂 I REALLY like the idea of being able to google it first to see where it will appear to be when others google it.

Thanks!

Christian
    Participant
    Pro

I recommend checking out travelingmailbox.com. I have nothing but good things to say about them and have been using them just shy of a year. A cool feature that I haven’t used yet is they can deposit checks for you. Not sure if there is a cap on the amount but still useful nonetheless.

The address when searched on Google shows a very nice businessy part of a local city, which I like.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.