LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** For those of you who self-close

• Creator
    Topic

Greg
    Participant

Hi all I could use some hints here… I got a signed offer back, property is in Florida, since the tile companies seem to be relatively expensive I think about self closing on the buy side here. I already checked the deeds, the property is held by husband an wife for over 13 years, I don’t see any liens, the taxes are current, so looks like there is not much to expect. BUT since I didn’t do a self close yet and the offer is around 5k I just don’t want to mess up here 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Bob Hackney
    Participant
    Pro

Greg: I am in Florida and could help you. Do you want to partner on this deal?

Daniel Browne
    Participant
    Pro

I would suggest deeds.com as a source for the deed template and they usually have the proper associated documents when you purchase the county specific documents.

Greg
    Participant

Thanks for the comments so far, I think I’ll do like this – suggestions welcome:

1. I’ll prepare a deed, based on the last deed (the seller has),
    2. then I will send a notary public – now here I read that in FL you need 2 witnesses (the seller needs them, who can this be?)-
    3. I`ll send the seller the money (once it is signed)
    4. Then need to record it, here I send it to the county (Or can you e-file it)
    5. What else…

Feedback welcome 😉

Kyle Bryant
    Participant
    Pro

Greg,

I would send the deed and the money to the notary, with instructions to the notary that they should hand over the money once the deed is signed by husband and wife. Then have an envelope where the notary can mail the deed back to you, and you can e-record it. That’s how I have self-closed on properties before. The biggest difference here is that the notary has the money and holds on to it until the deed is signed in their presence.

Bob Hackney
    Participant
    Pro

Greg:
    No problem, I was only offering to partner if you needed someone. I will be glad to help with closing suggestions. You are getting some good advice from the other participants. In Florida, you do need two witnesses and the deed must be notarized. The notary can be one of the witnesses, although I prefer to have two others. As long as they are adults, it can be anyone. There is no need for a HUD-1 closing statement, since there will not be a federally insured mortgage involved, but I like to put together a short closing statement. I would use a notary to coordinate this as is suggested above.

Greg
    Participant

Thank you for all the advise, I just found that they offer also real estate closing on notarize dot com, anyone tried this out? Looks like this could be an alternative way.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.