• Creator
    Topic

Gerd Conner
    Participant

Howdy Y’All!

My name is Gerd and I have done a bit of lurking as of late, I really REALLY like the feel of the community here! Everyone has done a great job to make this a working forum, and most everyone seems really nice. Sometimes that is tough to find these days.

Anyhow, I’m an energy industry professional, been in the business for about 15 years now….started at the bottom, working the lowest spot on the rigs and ended up working myself all over half of the globe. Met my wife when I was working in Newfoundland, Canada, and we are now expecting kid #2.

I learned about land investing listening to podcasts last year on my commute (I am now a cube dweller), and have been incredibly intrigued. I lost my youknowwhat investing in real estate several years ago, but I know too many people that have retired way young from it to give up, and I’m about ready to get back into it. Planning on becoming a full fledged member shortly, and using my income tax refund to fund my acquisition fund. πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Charles Hosch
    Participant
    Pro

Gerd,

Nice to β€œmeet” you! I just started Land Academy myself; us new guys have to stick together!

Chuck

Kyria Baker
    Participant

Welcome, Gerd! Where in Texas are you? @rowdy and I are in extreme east Texas, about an hour south of I-20. Sounds like you have a good plan in place for starting. We lost a lot of money the “traditional” way, too, so we can testify that this is the best way to go!

Jason L.
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Welcome, I was an oil head for awhile in the Gulf. I was an ROV pilot for Oceaneering. This program is waaaaaaay better

Gerd Conner
    Participant
    Pro

Well, this is rather embarrassing, I didn’t see that I had replies to this post….My sincerest apologies!!

Chuck, I’m with you….this is a learning curve, and having a buddy along the way to sound off with would be super handy!!

Mr. and Mrs. Baker, I’m located in Huntsville. A bit south and west of you, I believe.

Jason….we may have run across each other at one time or another….what years were you in the field? I am with TechnipFMC…used to be FMC Technologies. I was in the GOM from about 2004 to about 2007, and then I went to West Africa for just under a decade.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.