LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Flood Plain Property – Would you buy it?

• Creator
    Topic

Ellis
    Participant

Quick question for the community.

I stumbled across a great looking property with really good access at a great price! Contract signed, and everything’s ready to go except it’s in Flood Zone A!!! It’s only on the fringe of the flood zone boundary, not smack in the middle of the creek. Thing is, there’s a property on either side of this one with mobile homes. Seems to me if other people have homes there, maybe it doesn’t flood much??

Thoughts??

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

I would talk to planning and zoning if this is a potential build site.

Ellis
    Participant

Thanks for responding Rod.

The land is completed rural and unrestricted. Mobiles would be allowed. I wouldn’t imagine planning/zoning has jurisdiction over this type of property, right?

I’m just curious if, in your experience, floodplain would be a turn-off when trying to sell. I usually pass on floodplain properties, but everything about this one is good except this one detail. I’m thinking if it’s cheap enough, someone will buy it…

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Ellis – I think it will sell. Just use two rows of blocks instead of one row of blocks when you set up the MH. I agree that if it is cheap enough, it will sell.

Kevin

Ellis
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Kevin.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.