LandInvestors.com Forums +Success Stories+ First Mailer, First Calls

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic

Shawn Swisher
    Participant

My first mailer went out on July 15th and I started receiving my first calls today (10 days later). I have a Vumber number that I’m forwarding to PatLive, so all my calls get automatically recorded in Vumber. Based on the seller responses so far, it’s safe to say I didn’t overprice! 🙂

Living vicariously through myself...

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Wali Ali
    Participant

Jenna, it’s gonna work out. keep at it.

I have not received any responses yet (of any kind). My PatLive account was activated today. So at least I don’t have to worry about missing calls. and I sent out my third mailer today.

The only problem I have with PatLive is that it’s taking about 8 to 9 rings before the call is answered. I think this is not their fault but my Vumber account is delaying the forwarding. it’s forwarding the calls after several rings. I have to figure out how to fix this. I personally don’t like calls that ring more than 3 times. I usually hung up if it takes longer than 5-6 rings. I’m assuming a lot of people are like me.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Wali – I agree, fix that issue with the high number of rings. Most of us will hang up after 5 or 6 – just like you.

Kevin
    www.FarrSyght.com Deal/Data Review

danielholmlund
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Jenna,

Do you have the URL to Jill’s Patlive template script? I considering patlive and I’d love to read through it.

Daniel

Jenna B
    Participant

Do you have the URL to Jill’s Patlive template script?

I don’t have the script now that I sent it to PatLive, but you can probably still email support@landacademy.com and ask for the seller script for Patlive. I think that was the one I emailed for it.

Jenna B
    Participant

Just a quick update. I think I might have my first land deal to buy (freaking out a little)! It is behind on taxes by $2700, they are willing to split that 50/50. I have to do some research now and call him back on Wednesday when he gets back into town. He inherited it 15 years ago and isn’t going to do anything with it after-all.

So here are my results so far:
    1. 563 mailed 7/10/19 – 3 take me off your list, 2 price too low.
    2. 226 mailed 7/18/19 – 1 take me off your list.
    3. 385 mailed 7/25/19 – 2 take me off your list. 4 price too low. 1 maybe.
    4. 259 mailed 7/29/19 – 1 tale me off your list. 3 maybe (one of these is the one mentioned above).
    5. New state – 1346 mailed 8/7/19.

I am going to change my patlive script after listening to Kevin on the Land Academy podcast.

How are you guys doing?

Kyle Bryant
    Participant
    Pro

My first mailer went out on 7/13/19 (1500 letters to two different counties)

-1 “you’re a loser” email
    -7 or 8 “take me off your list” calls
    -3 counter-offers that were way too high
    -1 “yes” (but I priced way too high, so had to decline)
    -2 acceptable counteroffers but the sellers ghosted me
    -1 negotiated sale that I will be closing on this week….hopefully will net me $10k in profit

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Jenna – Good for you! How much is the offer on that one with back taxes?

Kevin

Shawn Swisher
    Participant
    Pro

My first mailer went out on 7/15/19. I mailed to two different counties for a total of just under 1200 offers. Here are my results after 4 weeks:

– 5 phone calls with a negative response (offer too low or take me off your list)
    – 1 mailer returned with a negative response
    – 0 accepted offers

Obviously I didn’t overprice. I was beginning to think I underpriced but three of the negative responses mentioned what they had purchased the lot for and in all three cases my offer was right around 25% of their purchase price so it has me thinking maybe I haven’t underpriced after all.

Is it normal for four weeks out to not receive any positive responses yet?

Living vicariously through myself...

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Hang in there Shawn. You may still get a good deal out of this group.

Kevin

Jenna B
    Participant

Jenna – Good for you! How much is the offer on that one with back taxes?

Thanks! This one is $1,739.37 + 50% of the back taxes. They think they own $2700. So my total would be 1350 back taxes + 1739.37 = $3,089.37. I just discovered that the lot is across the street from the lot that is on the lake. This one is actually two lots that make up one parcel for 1.08 acres. Looks like the cheapest 1 acre lot in the county is $15k on LandWatch, Half an acres sold for 6K on Lands of Texas “off water.” I think I could list this one for $8K and sell pretty quickly.

So I guess I need him to sign the document before I do any more work on this one. After I get the e-signature back, I can run title (need to sign up for a service), double check FEMA flood maps, double check with the county the use and confirm if water and electric are available, get a drone photographer to make sure it’s not a dump (and to make my video to sell it). Am I missing anything?

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Jenna – This sounds like a good deal. Check the actual taxes with the county. “They think they owe” could be way off. Be sure to check all the taxes owed from previous years. Call if necessary. You are being generous offering to pay 50% of taxes. If I was buying this for $3K and planning to sell for $15K I would close in a title company for both purchase and sale. Your due diligence list looks good.

Kevin

Brian Wied
    Participant
    Pro

Got my first mailer out on Friday 8/9. Still too early to get a response yet. Appreciate all experience shared on this thread. I’m going to be fielding calls myself, so this should be interesting!

Viewing 12 replies - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.