LandInvestors.com Forums +Success Stories+ First Mailer, First Calls

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Shawn Swisher
    Participant

My first mailer went out on July 15th and I started receiving my first calls today (10 days later). I have a Vumber number that I’m forwarding to PatLive, so all my calls get automatically recorded in Vumber. Based on the seller responses so far, it’s safe to say I didn’t overprice! 🙂

"Buy land, they're not making it anymore." -Mark Twain
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kyle Bryant
    Participant
    Pro

I just sent out my first mailer as well. One good response, but also got an email through my website: “get lost with your low-ball offers. You’re a loser.” Ha!! Good luck to you.

Wali Ali
    Participant

Shawn, congrats on getting up and running. Hope you get a good deal out of it. My first mailer went out on the 16th. No response yet. too soon.

Just curious, are people forwarding their calls to Patlive when they are unable to answer the phone or you let Patlive handle all incoming calls throughout the day? I’m a little hesitant signing up for their subscription at this time but considering it. Maybe it’s because I haven’t figured out how much I’m loosing out without them yet.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Wali – I went a whole year answering my own phone. You can do it but you have to be available. People don’t like to leave VM. They want to talk to a person. The best decision I have made in this business was getting an answering service. I don’t answer any calls. They all go to the answering service. Then I call back the ones I need to speak with. Huge time saver.

Kevin

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Kyle – Way to go! You will get more good deals and nasty notes.

Kevin

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Shawn – Congratulations! This is how it works. You should get some good deals out of this mailer.

Kevin

Shawn Swisher
    Participant
    Pro

Kyle – Good luck with yours as well. Hope you get some great deals!

Wali – Good luck with your mailer! I’m using PatLive to filter out the hate calls and to provide 24/7 answering. Voice mail is obviously cheaper but I feel that may cause me to lose some potential sellers who actually want to sell their land. Some folks who may be skeptical about the offer and can’t reach a live person may not bother with leaving a voice mail. The way I look at it, if it allows me to capture just one extra deal then that deal would easily pay for the service for several months.

Kevin – Thanks!

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Shawn said: The way I look at it, if it allows me to capture just one extra deal then that deal would easily pay for the service for several months.

Exactly right Shawn! This is not only a time saver but a deal saver.

Kevin

Wali Ali
    Participant

Kevin and Shawn thanks. Will consider to get answering service. I spend a lot of time watching my little boys, and it’s hard to have a phone conversation when they are running around you.

Jenna B
    Participant
    Pro

I am joining in on the band wagon a little late. I am sending them as I can. I sent:
    563 on 7/10/2019 – Got 3 ‘take me off your list’ and 2 ‘Price too low’ responses so far.
    226 on 7/18/2019 – no response yet
    385 on 7/25/2019 – no response yet
    259 on 7/29/2019 – no response yet

I was starting to get concerned with the lack of response, but maybe it’s still too early even for the first one?

I use Patlive, because my baby can be loud and distracting. I also didn’t want to deal with the negative callers. Have to stay in my positive mind space!

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Jenna – this looks great. Yes, still early even for the first one. It should be hitting about now. Too early for the last two for sure. Keep the positive attitude and get ready for some calls.

Kevin

Wali Ali
    Participant

Jenna, congrats.

I finally signed up for PatLive. Horeey!

I submitted basic template. But would probably have to revisit it somepoint as I learn more.

Shawn Swisher
    Participant
    Pro

Jenna – Hope you get some great deals from those mailers!

Jeremy Luebke
    Participant
    Pro

@Kevin Farrell Did PatLive provide the script for answering offer responses or did have to write one for them?

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Hi Jeremy – PM Sent

Kevin

Jenna B
    Participant
    Pro

Wali, Did you use the free template Jill has? I did some minor changes, but it is pretty much the same one for seller leads. I did have one response through my website. Also, since I had some “take me off your list” and mailing several counties, each one with their own Excel file, I asked them to please get the reference number or at least the county so I could find them. Not sure if that’s something you want to add to your Patlive script, but I figured it would make it easier to find them later when I have a bunch going out.

Shawn – Thanks! I am hoping the same for all of us! 🙂 I really need this to work out so I don’t have to get another job. haha.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.